3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

grrrrrrr.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 11:17 PM
dodgegirl05
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default grrrrrrr.....

i hate the guys who work at the parts store! i swear as soon as a girl walks in their brains just shut off!

went to order a steering stabilizer for the truck, well once i said that the guy at the counter was like was ur husband just here? i was like 'no' im not married! but he continued to ask me if it was a dodge ram 1500 reg cab! i said noooo its a 2500 4 door 4x4. he was like ok ordered the part and said it will be in on tuesday. well could make it yesterday so went in today to pick it up. they didnt have it and he called from where he ordered it and they told him they didnt have any. what no phone call?? whatever got my money back and went to the other one down the street, told him what i needed and he put in steering linkage told him no it was a stabilizer kind of looks like a shock....duh! well they cant even get them anywhere. so when to another one and he put in as the guy before (by this time i was getting pissed) stabilizer s**t head! finally got it ordered and will pick it up tomorrow! so i was thinking i was gonna paint a ram logo on it when i get it tomorrow!! lol

sorry for the rant but guys at the part store really aggravate me!

Old 04-14-2010, 11:20 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

haha you make it seem like they normally DO have brains!! i've never gone into any parts store with a technical question and gotten a good answer. the only thing i go there for anymore is "give me this specific part" and even so, i have to explain it so a kindergartner could understand

Old 04-14-2010, 11:24 PM
dodgegirl05
Captain

well some dont lol but its every time i walk into one! i just dont know how you get streering linkage out of stabilizer!!

Old 04-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Albertaramfan
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha I know the feeling. The parts shops around here regardess of performance or autobody or whatever are all retards.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Marx
Record Breaker

ya why can't they just type in what is said instead of what they think you need, its really not a hard job lol

Old 04-14-2010, 11:41 PM
Matt99
Champion

Thats the story of the Autozones around me. They all have hoodlums working at them, you CANNOT find a worker and they know nothing. I asked to rent a spring compressor and they brought me a PAP, and that was after waiting 30 minutes at the counter.

Oriellys always has pretty knowledgeable workers and good prices. I do feel bad for you though, with your passion being vehicles it probably gets frustrating sometimes. I hear all the RNs at the hospital talking about how much they paid for this or that and its ridiculous how they take advantage of yall

Last edited by Matt99; 04-14-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:43 PM
04_ramslt
Professional

atleast they diddnt try take advantage of you cause your a girl/chick/woman..either way sorry to hear about your troubles

Old 04-14-2010, 11:50 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

i only have two choices here... napa and oreilly. napa has better prices on certain things, but i always go to the O cause they have much better people

Old 04-14-2010, 11:51 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

went into schucks/oreilly today to get a new relay since I fried one of mine. Took the part in, explained what it was, on and on. Well, their computer says my truck only has two relays, neither of which was what I needed, and theres nothing they can do. Unless I need to buy some oil, those stores are worthless.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:53 AM
03MopaRamman
Captain

Dumb as a stump they were, well at least the Guys here on DF know what your talking about. Funny thing is around here in my Town when I go to the Napa I ask to speak to the girl, as she almost always knows what I'm talking about if I explain it in her world, But the last time I went there to trade a caliper that leaked at -40 just before the 12 months on it was up, she was out and the guy "Dummy" says are you sure Sir that that is the correct core as it is orange and the one I have for you is silver...My answer of course was ...because I painted it Hemi Orange...I'm surely allowed to do that ....right... with a dumb *** look he said...uh...ok... I guess so.