3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

07 dodge ram shuts off while driving????

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 06:15 PM
Joe D'Alessandro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DYTRAM
do you get any lights come on on the dashboard? About a month ago i had to replace both the cam shaft position sensor along with crank shaft position sensor. My truck would be fine and then it would lose all throttle and would idle really really hard. The check engine light and throttle light would come on during this.
What did you find out? Mine is doing the same thing. I replaced the throttle body and crank sensor. So far

Old 03-28-2017, 12:04 AM
DRKSTR088

Originally Posted by Joe D'Alessandro
What did you find out? Mine is doing the same thing. I replaced the throttle body and crank sensor. So far
replaced the throttle body? you should've replaced the throttle position sensor instead. but if the engine completely shuts off like the accelerator pedal no longer works then it sounds like a fuel issue. the throttle position sensor will tell the fuel pump when to bring fuel and if goes out then fuel is cut off or the pump can be drawing too amperage and cut in and out while driving, causing the engine to shut off. that happened to me couldn't figure it out until i could no longer turn the truck on. had to use starting fluid and spay down the throttle body to get it started and then fuel pump fuse blew when i got it started

Old 07-25-2017, 01:56 PM
muppet's08hemi

I had the same problem, and so far I've only replaced the Cam Position Sensor, and three weeks in, no more issues.....touch wood. $25 dollar part seems to have remedied the problem......you could try that.

Quick Reply: 07 dodge ram shuts off while driving????