3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CD Player Will Not Eject???

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 01:43 PM
agnthvc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CD Player Will Not Eject???

HAS ANYONE EVER FIXED THE EJECT PROBLEM BU REMOVING THE RADIO AND WORKING ON IT?? OR HAS ANYONE EVER JUST FIXED THE PROBLEM AT ALL. I HAVE THIS PROBLEM RIGHT NOW AND WANT TO FIX IT BEFORE I TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALER. HOW LONG IS THE WARRNTY ANYWAY I HAD MINE FOR 2 YEARS (BRAND NEW DODGE 6 DISC.)

Old 08-13-2005, 02:15 AM
jasonwyo
Veteran

I had a pioneer cd player and it wouldn't eject the CD once in awhile. What i did to fix it was just pull the positive battery terminal, wait 30 seconds and connect it back up. That allows the head unit to "reboot" and then hit the eject button and it spit the darn thing right out.

Old 08-19-2005, 08:16 PM
CLIMAXVA

WOW WOW WOW you do not have to rewire the whole system if you every want to put in a new cd player. Just because it has a stock amp, it is no different than a normal amp. There is a kit that will tap in to your old wires and turn them into a RCA if you want to put subs and a new amp in. Also I do belive there wireing harness for the Infenity System I will have to look in my book when I get to work.

As far and taking out the cd player and working on it bad idea. If it is a stock cd player the dealer WILL take it out and send the cd player off and put a new one in on the spot. The cd that got stuck will get sent back to the dealer when it is out. If the dealer is trying to mess with you then call Dodge Customer Service and let them know. I had the same thing happen to my 2004 Ram (but they just took it out and put a new one in no questions asked). The Warrenty is good bumper to bumper for 30000 or 3 years.

Old 10-31-2005, 08:53 PM
billyd12
Professional

ORIGINAL: Red Ram Hemi 2005

I had the same issue with the 6 disk changer. But I live out in the middle of no where so I didnt even bother with the dealer and just changed it out, but you will
have to rewire the whole thing. The aftermarket sterio harness(if you the infinity system) dosent come with the factory amp turn on lead, so you will have to rewire
all the speakers. ;-(

yea, thats not right. all you have to do it connect the stock infinity amp remote wire(usually blue) in with the aftermarket cd players remote wire.
this will turn on the stock stereo systems infinity amp when your cd player turns on ... if this wire is not connected or not connect right the speakers will seem very faint and weak sounding.

Old 01-23-2007, 07:11 PM
dees

Sorry hate to bring is topic back up. Just new to the site.

Well this just happend on my 04. I put a cd in, ejected it, then put another one in and tried to eject it. It will play every once in a while but won't eject. So I'm taking it in tomorrow to get a new one put in..

Old 01-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

it did it to me once but it came out a few days later. never had a problem since then. except sometimes when it goes to the next song no sound will come out even though the timer says the song is playing. i just turn it off and back on and then press seek down and then seek back up to the song i was trying to listen to and it works fine.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:03 PM
jjrush52

I had the same problem once and that's it. My truck is an '04 as well. Wouldn't eject one day but did the next when i jumped in to go to work. Not sure what happened but I've always wondered.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:32 AM
Flashover74

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I've had a cd stuck in my stereo for a while now. The dealer told me that because it is a cd that was burned, they will not replace the unit. Has anyone been successful in getting Dodge to replace theirs? I have an '05 tried just about everything to get the cd out. Thanks.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:50 AM
LinerJoe
Veteran

Some old threads are getting dragged back from the grave.

I don't think I've even loaded a CD in mine. What the heck is a CD? Does your deck have the small pinhole to manually eject a disc like most computer cd-rom drives? Just a thought. Otherwise, hold down the eject button for a longer length of time?

A burned CD should have nothing to do with the eject system.

joe

Old 01-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Flashover74

Originally Posted by LinerJoe
Some old threads are getting dragged back from the grave.

I don't think I've even loaded a CD in mine. What the heck is a CD? Does your deck have the small pinhole to manually eject a disc like most computer cd-rom drives? Just a thought. Otherwise, hold down the eject button for a longer length of time?

A burned CD should have nothing to do with the eject system.

joe
I figured I'd bump this one instead of starting a new one. My radio does not have a manual eject, no pinhole...nothing. I asked the dealer if there was a manual way to eject & they said no. I've held down the eject, I've disconnected & reconnected the battery. I've done it all & nothing worked. It actually says in the manual to not use a CD over a certain thickness. The dealership said burned CDs are slightly thicker then ones bought from a store but I haven't measured.

Quick Reply: CD Player Will Not Eject???