3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CD Player Will Not Eject???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 01:29 PM
MontanaRAM
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the reason the cd's don't come out has to do with heat and the ejection brushes. high heat will expand the unit and won't allow the cd to grab its way out. ejection brushes get worn out as well. if you have a cd get stuck, get a credit card and press the eject button. slide the credit card in above the disc and put downward pressure on the disc and it will grab and eject.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Flashover74

Originally Posted by MontanaRAM
the reason the cd's don't come out has to do with heat and the ejection brushes. high heat will expand the unit and won't allow the cd to grab its way out. ejection brushes get worn out as well. if you have a cd get stuck, get a credit card and press the eject button. slide the credit card in above the disc and put downward pressure on the disc and it will grab and eject.
Thanks for the tip. I tried it with no luck. I'll try again later but if that doesn't work I'll probably buy a used OEM unit for cheap and try to replace it myself. Unfortunately I can't afford to drop some cash on an aftermarket radio. Thanks again for the advice. Any other suggestions please feel free to share them.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:59 AM
AFred
Default Trying

I have an '06 Grand Caravan SXT, CD/DVD whatever is in there has been stuck for almost 2 years, I really want to get it out. I don't see youtube to actually pull out the 6 changer, to pull out the "radio" - yes, but not the changer part itself.

Old 11-08-2019, 11:53 AM
Cynthia Gordon
Default Dodge Ram 1500 AM/FM 6 disc player.

Originally Posted by Truckin_Tom
Are ya'll talking about the single disc CD player or the 6-disc (in-dash) CD player? I've got an '04 Ram as well and I'd hate to think I got a bum deal on the radidio.. The 6-speaker Infinity sound system does sound purdy though..
Yes I am refering to the 6 disc player. Never put in a cd till a few days ago. Only put 1 in cause I wanted to make sure it worked. Played great abd sound was awesome with the infinity speakers but when I went to eject it, it won't eject.

Quick Reply: CD Player Will Not Eject???