3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CD Player Will Not Eject???

Old 05-23-2005, 03:59 PM
vonzoog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Player Will Not Eject???

I have a 2004 Ram 2500 with a CD player that will not eject the CD. The dealer claims that this because it is a home burn audio CD that I made. I am trying to get a warrantee claim. I have never had a home burn CD hang up in any auto CD player before. This is my first Dodge. Is the dealer correct? Is this a common problem with Dodge CD players?

Old 05-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CD Player Will Not Eject???

What difference does it make?????????????? You should be able to stuff a DVD in there and have the deck eject it. Sounds like he's trying to DODGE--PUN INTENDED, a warranty issue. If you can't get him to help you contact Daimler-Chrysler direct. I'm sure he'll appreciate you more after they contact him!

Old 05-25-2005, 06:46 PM
vonzoog

Well after two days of complaining they are putting a new CD player in tomorrow morning.

Friday a new Sony CD player from Crutchfield arrives and the old "new" unit is coming out until the RAM is sold.

This particular Dodge CD player (AM/FM CD; one CD at a time) must be a very poor unit. There are "tons" of them for sale on eBay anywhere from 30 to 100 dollars.

Old 05-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker

Oh well,
Thats good to know, I just bought ,mine with the same deck in it. Well, when it dies, if they don't cover it, I'll put a Pioneer from Crutchfield in.

Old 05-25-2005, 08:34 PM
vonzoog

Gotcha

Old 06-09-2005, 05:12 PM
tipper

I too have run into this issue with my 2004 Ram.

It started with the CD player not initializing when I started the truck up. I was only able to get AM/FM until I shut off the engine and restarted it. This happened about 12 times in the first month I had my truck. I notified the dealer and they replaced it without blinking.

Since then I have still had the occational failure to initialize the CD, but I am also now seeing the failure to eject. I am not using any burned CDs, so that idea is out the window.

I'll take it back yet again and see what they come up with this time.

Old 06-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Truckin_Tom
Professional

Are ya'll talking about the single disc CD player or the 6-disc (in-dash) CD player? I've got an '04 Ram as well and I'd hate to think I got a bum deal on the radidio.. The 6-speaker Infinity sound system does sound purdy though..

Old 06-13-2005, 04:15 AM
tipper

Mine was the single CD AM/FM player w/ changer controls, not the 6-Disk (in dash) changer.

Old 06-13-2005, 06:14 PM
Red Ram Hemi 2005
Professional

I had the same issue with the 6 disk changer. But I live out in the middle of no where so I didnt even bother with the dealer and just changed it out, but you will
have to rewire the whole thing. The aftermarket sterio harness(if you the infinity system) dosent come with the factory amp turn on lead, so you will have to rewire
all the speakers. ;-(

Old 06-15-2005, 01:36 AM
Truckin_Tom
Professional

Ick.. That sounds like a P.I.T.A. [sm=ummmmokay.gif] Well, I listen to my XM radio most of the time anyway so maybe it won't be a problem.. I'll be sure to cycle thru a dozen or so CD's the week before my B2B warranty runs out though...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CD Player Will Not Eject???