3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone use DDM error code eliminator in the ram to prevent error/flicker? HID

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Smokedlights
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use DDM error code eliminator in the ram to prevent error/flicker? HID

Hello, first post to the site, been searching google, and this site for the last two days, just bought a ram yesterday. Im aware of the problem they have. Ive searched a ton, first you cant search "hid" on this site (its too small) Then if you type in HID install, it gets rid of hid, and gives u 100 pages of "install"

I really like ddm kits (had them in every car and quad ive owned) I see they sell the bulb off eliminator
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Er...minator-3-PAIR

Anyone ever used them with luck? Also for those of you who have the 9007 hi/low kit can you tell any difference with the actual HI and LOW?? I have a cavalier daily driver that uses 9007, i installed the hi/low kit and i cannot tell between hi/low beam, so i would of been better off with just the single beam kit.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:46 AM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smokedlights
Hello, first post to the site, been searching google, and this site for the last two days, just bought a ram yesterday. Im aware of the problem they have. Ive searched a ton, first you cant search "hid" on this site (its too small) Then if you type in HID install, it gets rid of hid, and gives u 100 pages of "install"

I really like ddm kits (had them in every car and quad ive owned) I see they sell the bulb off eliminator
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Er...minator-3-PAIR

Anyone ever used them with luck? Also for those of you who have the 9007 hi/low kit can you tell any difference with the actual HI and LOW?? I have a cavalier daily driver that uses 9007, i installed the hi/low kit and i cannot tell between hi/low beam, so i would of been better off with just the single beam kit.
I would think that all this is...is just a fancy box that has some kind of resistance on it, or pulls current from the ballast....I just put in 55W bulbs today, on my 55W ballasts. I had them come on like normal, and they only went off twice and instantly on again in a 30 min span. I reset everything and they have not gone off since...If you want too you can also spend the extra money into getting a 55W kit. It will solve your problems too, i think that this will work too tho...

I have the telescopic H13s, so its HID HIGH and HID LOW...simply amazing i like them....you have too look at if the HIGH beam is going to be HID or if its going to be Halogen. I would think its not going to be as bright, nor will it have the color...i would try and spend the extra money to get telescopic....

Old 09-17-2010, 12:49 AM
tony713
Rookie

says right in the description...

NOTE: Certain vehicles will require these to run HID's properly. ex. Dodges (except Ram), Newer BMW's & Mercedes etc...

Old 09-17-2010, 02:31 AM
Smokedlights
Rookie

ya the kit i have is hi/low hid as well. i could not tell the difference. I want to get a ddm kit but not sure how to make it work? I guess worst case i could tap the parking lights for the power like others are doing, but i at times like to drive with just the fog lights on =].. Any ideas? Ive heard a bunch of talk but no set in stone answers?

Old 09-17-2010, 02:56 AM
Smokedlights
Rookie

now i think of it.. usually hi/low hid kits only plug into one side of the truck?? So how do you get rid of the bulb/out flicker at all if u dont even plug anything into one side? wouldnt it always have a bulb out light then?

Old 09-17-2010, 08:26 AM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smokedlights
now i think of it.. usually hi/low hid kits only plug into one side of the truck?? So how do you get rid of the bulb/out flicker at all if u dont even plug anything into one side? wouldnt it always have a bulb out light then?
The PCM reads current draw...The Hi/low HID kits only use the one side because thats all they need, they just need the circuit to trigger the highs, then the lows...All the rest of the power comes from a 10A fuse and power wire connected to the battery....

To answer your other question, the PCM cannot tell you which lamp is out be it left or right...just that there is one out, it now your job to figure out which one. As far as I know anyways, because I do not have anything into my other harness and I do not get a lamp out.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:36 AM
DragonHemi

Order the relay harness kit with your bulb set. I have it installed on my headlights and fogs and they work perfect with no issues. I have also installed a number of these same sets onto other 3rd gen Ram's without any problems. I'm always installing 55w 8000k low only (who needs hi's when your lows are HID?). The blue that you tend to see in 35w 8000's is washed out when their ran at 55w, making them appear whiter.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Smokedlights
Rookie

im not a fan of blinding people on the road, any more then a 35w kit will already do. I also want them to match, i already have 35w 6k in my fog lights. I find it weird that you dont get a lamp out with only one side of the headlights plugged in. Im aware the computer doesnt know which one etc, but it only seems obvious a complete empty harness with nothing plugged in would trigger a bulb out.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:50 PM
bigpappaholt
Veteran

i have ddm 9007 high/low. I never use my highs.. the only time i do is to flash people (lights out or pig ahead) so if you dont ever do these things id say just get low... also i tried 2 different eliminators from them, neither fixed the flicker/ lamp out so save your money and time. I did run capacitors for some time with no flicker but now im switching to 50w resistors to hopefully make a permanent fix to the problem

Old 09-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Smokedlights
Rookie

ya i found these, i wil be ordering. you may be interested, cheap and plug and play!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

my only concern is people say they get really hot. I hope it isnt a fire hazard, i am extremely weary yo fires now. My last car (trailblazer) burnt to the ground on me due to an engine fire. So it basically haunts me now. I only had liability and lost about 10k on that one. The tranny fluid was actually coming through the dipstick onto the exhaust..I will be carrying a fire extinguiser on the dodge though, as well as full coverage. before and after pix..

Quick Reply: Anyone use DDM error code eliminator in the ram to prevent error/flicker? HID