Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 3rd Gen Ram Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Vents Only Blow Hot On Passenger Side...

Old 10-10-2010, 11:54 PM
Professional

I flushed my heater core today. My heat got a lot better but still blowing a lower temp on drivers side. It is def. about 70% better. Maybe I need to do it again.

Also, what color is my radiator fluid supposed to be? Mine is like an orangey greenish color. Like its mixed or something.
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:56 AM
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Vehicle: 04 Dodge Ram QC
TrickedOut DodgeRam Weedahoe1977
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperdan View Post
I have remove all bolts from the dash assembly and it still won't budge any tricks to this? Frustration is setting in
Have you downloaded the Service Manuals from the links below to help you out?
Old 10-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Professional

bump.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Veteran

Vehicle: Ram 1500, SCSB, 4.7 V8, 4x4

I would do it again if it got better. The factory color is like a red orange. If its green someones added. I flushed my whole system and just put green in it.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

You guys may want to see this thread

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/d...d-t210483.html
Old 11-09-2010, 03:01 PM

I went through this last year. Same symptoms, no heat on drivers hot on passenger. I went through all the same things you guys are doing. Backflush the core, try to get all the air out... It would work after backflushing for about a week or two and then it would go back tot he same problem. No heat out drivers side and hot on passenger. I eventually just did the hard job and replaced the core. Worked great all winter after that.

Fast Forward to this fall, first time I go to turn the heat on and no heat out drivers side. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE F@$King KIDDING ME!!! or something like that came out of my mouth. I tried backflushing it and it worked for a week but now it's back to the same old crap. I even had a complete system flush this summer when the head gasket blew. Whoever owned the truck before me must have overheated it and popped a gasket and put some stop leak in it. I am going to do a prestone flush and backflush the whole system and hopefully it will clear it out. If not I will have to rip out the dash *AGAIN*.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:33 AM

So crucial, did you have to tear your dash apart and replace the core again? When you replaced your core, did you use a Dealer part or aftermarket? I've got the same problem with an 03 4.7
Old 01-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Professional

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7
Richard Martinez

Reviving this issue...

Any permanent fixes?

Sometime in the last week my heater started to do the driver side cool/passenger side hot symptoms. Literally just started. Replaced the blend door just over two years ago. The heater core almost 4 years ago...hopefully that's what it is again.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:50 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT
wizetek
Send a message via AIM to wizetekie
Post Heater core

Well i had the same problem with the heat on the passenger side only... So i looked around on here and followed some easy steps was goin to flush out the heater core but didnt have another hose to keep the fluid from leak out of the engine so i just switched the hose's top to bottom and now my truck is blowing HOT!!! air now so if any of you are still having that issue with the heat try that first seemed to work. Doing this also tells me that there is something clogging the coolent system probably just in the core i hope. Well I do have one question Would it hurt the heater core leaving the hose's swapped??
Old 01-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Professional

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7
Richard Martinez

I personally don't see an issue, with the exception that if t was clogged, it may move that junk to the radiators or the engine.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:26 PM

Default air control

I have am 04 Dodge Cummins and I'm trying to figure or why it blows hot on passenger side and cold on driver side can anyone help me out
Old 06-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjweeks98 View Post
I have am 04 Dodge Cummins and I'm trying to figure or why it blows hot on passenger side and cold on driver side can anyone help me out
Welcome to the site. There are literally a ton of these same type threads posts here on the site. It is because of a failed blend door. Try doing a search for those keywords
Old 09-07-2013, 04:54 AM

I know I'm considered a Newb on this site, and this is my first post on here, however I'm on #4 Dodge 3500 trucks Cummins.

Here is why the passenger side is blowing hot and driver is not if the blend door has been replaced, or at least this is my experience with it.

If you read up on the older TSB's that Dodge put out, there is one regarding the same issue, and it's happened to me personally.

The TSB says that if the AC coolant charge is low, and when the charge is low, the passenger side will blow warmer than the driver side. I know you think I'm nuts and don't have a clue what I'm talking about. However, I live in Phoenix AZ and I know all about this issue. At first I did not believe it, but also in the TSB's there is a bulletin about the factory Dodge freon hoses seep freon over time as the lines are defective and should be replaced.

So what did I do, I brought my rig down to my mechanic and have him evac the system and measure the Freon out of the system, and damn sure, the Freon level was low, recharged the system to the factory spec Freon levels and started it up and guess what the passenger side was blowing as cold as the drivers side.

So now what do I do, every year before the summer season is upon us in Phoenix, I bring my truck to the mechanic and have him evac and measure the system and recharge, and every year, there is a loss of Freon from the system. I have had the system completely gone over, and there are no leaks at any of the connections and everything is tight, even under the dash when I did the blend door.

I bet that if you bring you system to the mechanic have him evac check the amount, it will be less that what recommended on the sticker under the hood, and once recharged the passenger side will blow cold.

Give it a try. If I had access to a complete TSB Bulletins, I would find the TBS's with the details.

Good luck
Rob

Last edited by therobzilla; 09-07-2013 at 05:07 AM..
Old 09-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Professional

Vehicle: 03 ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi

mine does the same thing its the heater core.look it up on youtube 02 dodge ram heater core guy shows how to do it looks like a big pain even the guy at the shop i take my truck to doesnt want to fix it i got to do something winters coming.my heat only comes out passenger side and my ac only works on my drivers side and my de fogger doesnt work at all.do you smell coolant coming out the vents at all?posted the vid for you from youtube.

Last edited by swamper; 09-07-2013 at 04:55 PM..
Old 09-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Professional

Vehicle: 03 ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi

ok the op is an old post from 2010 grrrr.

Last edited by swamper; 09-07-2013 at 05:17 PM..
Old 09-07-2013, 05:14 PM