3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:05 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Speedaholic
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

N/M lol Thanks for the link
50W Resistor Plug Play Pack

Sale: $39.99

http://www.carhidkits.com/wiring-ada...-pack-378.html

Old 03-08-2011, 07:53 PM
MOTORMODABLE

I ordered a HID kit from hid nation along with the resistor harnesses shown in post #131. I forgot to order the relay harness with it so I got it from a local shop. I wired my driver harness like the first one shown in post #131 and plugged everthing up. The first thing I noticed when hooking up the relay was the plug for the oem connector only had 2 prongs instead of 3. I continued to hook it all up and now when i turn on the lights, they blink on then stay off for a few seconds then blink on and etc. Its almost like they're building up power and turning on but there isn't enough for them to stay on. I charged the battery with a deep cycle charger because it has been sitting but the problem is the same. What could cause this? What all should be hooked to each bulb? I only have the 2 little connectors hooked up and the relay plugs into the ballasts. Is this right?

Old 03-09-2011, 08:53 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Please take a pic of your harness, relay and 9007 plug. You should have 3 pins in the 9007 plug.

When you say you have the resistor harness you got, which one? The one is the first pic for the pass side of the one in the other pics for the drivers side? Do you have 4 resistors total for a bi-xenon setup? There should he two for each side

Old 03-09-2011, 02:28 PM
MOTORMODABLE

I bought the plug and play harness from hid nation for $40 (the last pic in the post) which included 2 of them. Last night I wired one of them like the first picture and and wired it to the drivers side hid bulb by itself. Then the relay harness to the oem connector. This morning I rewired the resistor harness back to how I got it and ran it between the relay harness and the oem wiring. Now I have no light at all, not even blinking. If you could tell me where exactly the resistor harnesses go and where all the 9007 plugs should be it would probably help. Or maybe the relay harness 9007 with 2 pins is the problem.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:37 PM
MOTORMODABLE

Pics of relay, resistor harness, and relay 9007 plug. Can someone explain how to attach larger images?

Old 03-09-2011, 04:29 PM
JonnyBlaze420
Professional

Originally Posted by weedahoe
^^^ LOL....Why is it all up for sale?
Cause I traded my Dodge for an Avalanche, remember? Lol. This stuff wont fit on it. Wish it did.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:12 PM
MOTORMODABLE

Pics:
resistor - Name:  DSCN1031.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  40.4 KB

relay harness 9007 plug - Name:  DSCN1029.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  106.0 KB

relay harness - Name:  DSCN1028.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  221.3 KB

Old 03-10-2011, 01:48 AM
holydiver89
Amateur

Alright guys back again with more questions. Got a better quality HID kit for my '03 ram, nice and bright and such but high beam doesn't work and to be honest i'm kinda tired of all the ugly wiring harness , ballasts and resisters just hanging around so I was thinking of returning them and getting projector headlights with just Hyper white xenon bulbs ( from what I see on ebay it doesn't look like HID's fit in aftermarket projectors or you would atleast need 4 ballasts) does anyone know how the projectors fair compared to stock halogens or HID's. I've read some people claiming 15k LM on projectors dunno if thats true, just wondering if the projectors would be close performance to HID's, thanks.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:59 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Ok. thats NOT a bi-xenon harness for high and low beams. That is a xenon (low beam only) harness. See how that relay is a square 5 pin SPDT relay? Bi-xenon relays are flat, rectangular and 8 pins

Here is a pic of a bi-xenon harness. Remember bixenon is high AND low beam

Here is a pic of a xenon harness. This harness will ONLY give low beam. Hence the reason you only have 2 of the 3 needed wires in the 9007 plug

See the difference in the relays? So call them up and send it back and get the right one

Old 03-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

So there's quite a few pages here of people saying "this" way works, or "that" way works, and sometimes "this other" way works....essentially, reading more than a couple pages of this thread makes this seem very confusing when I'm sure that it isn't.

Here's my query:
I want a completely plug and play system. I am lazy. I don't want to splice into wires. I don't want to manufacture connectors with resistors I had to source from some chinese website. I want to go to one website and purchase EVERYTHING required all at once, so that when the box arrives, all I have to do is mount and connect everything. Is this even possible?

And having someone else do a custom install is out of the question. I have the ability to make these sort of custom harnesses and whatnot, but the point is, I don't want any of that done to my truck.

Oh, and it would be heads and fogs, so a set of bi-xenon H13s and a set of 9006s. Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...