3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:05 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 07:48 AM
RamRod37
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=FreezLe223;3189436]Also halogens was originally in the projectors i am not using the low beam wires anymore. i have spliced them and put my hids in. but i am wondering where do i install resistors like i said i am on a relay harness.[/QUOTE
]
I know your not using the halogens but with hid kits you will have to use the resistors on the p side headlight socket even though your not using it you will still have to wire a resistor between the low beam 12v+ wire and the black ground wire in center of headlight socket on both sides

Driver side resistor needs to go somewhere between relay and the headlight socket you choice where you want to splice it in but must be either on the factory headlight harness or the relay harness before the the relay on low beam same as p side 12v+ low Beam And the center Black Ground wire not sure what colors will be On your relay harness just see what color is plugged in center pin slot on the relay side

Old 08-26-2014, 07:13 PM
ffsag

Hey guyz, I finally get through my hid issues. I came back to a previous configuration that caused the 4wd issue and now it works flawlessly since 3 weeks. When I had this 4wd issue, the resistors were not installed. My theory is that the bulb out warning (never seen it in my dash) had a kind of trouble and it may confuse/interfere the 4wd sensor. With the resistors installed within this configuration, no trouble anymore.

Edit: Thanks for your patience and help .

Old 09-01-2014, 12:09 AM
reeny234
Default hid problem

I just install my hid's to my 2011 challenger I put the relay and the canceller and but I don't know what happen my light stay on even if I turn off my switch and turn off the car still the lights on so my only solution was taking the fuse out witch sucks I need help asap!!!

Old 09-01-2014, 06:31 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by reeny234
I just install my hid's to my 2011 challenger I put the relay and the canceller and but I don't know what happen my light stay on even if I turn off my switch and turn off the car still the lights on so my only solution was taking the fuse out witch sucks I need help asap!!!
Welcome to the site. Here are a few options I can think of

1) incorrect wiring/installation
2) bad relay (contacts could have welded together)
3) incorrect wiring harness being used (wrong vehicle)

Old 09-30-2014, 11:46 PM
justin0943
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just recently got a 02 dodge ram 3rd gen then put 35w ac ballast 6000k bi-xenon have the relay harness and the resistor I'm having a weird but common problem when I open the door the headlight come on for a split sec and when I turn the headlight on I sometime get a misfire problem on one of the bulbs sometime both but when they fire up their good after that even if I turn them off wait 5min then turn on without opening the door.it seems the ballast putting it self in a protection mode when I open the door and they flash for a sec.I know their nothing wrong with the stuff because I put it on my dad 99 f-150 with no problems

Old 10-01-2014, 12:34 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted by justin0943
just recently got a 02 dodge ram 3rd gen then put 35w ac ballast 6000k bi-xenon have the relay harness and the resistor I'm having a weird but common problem when I open the door the headlight come on for a split sec and when I turn the headlight on I sometime get a misfire problem on one of the bulbs sometime both but when they fire up their good after that even if I turn them off wait 5min then turn on without opening the door.it seems the ballast putting it self in a protection mode when I open the door and they flash for a sec.I know their nothing wrong with the stuff because I put it on my dad 99 f-150 with no problems
Nothing is wrong. It's normal

Old 10-24-2014, 05:25 AM
kreydar
Exclamation 06 ram 1500 night runner edition HID problems

I bought OPT7 HID light kit, with harness and resistors. I hooked everything up according to the diagram and nothing works or has power. I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong. my friend has a 09 2500 cummins and when we hooked them up to his truck they worked fine. is there anything different you have to do for the 1500?

Old 10-24-2014, 07:06 AM
vanix
Former Vendor

Are you using Canbus ballasts with your car? check the polarity also on the ballasts, maybe you hooked them up the wrong way

Old 10-24-2014, 01:48 PM
justin0943
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Nothing is wrong. It's normal
okay thanks also is their a section for projector headlight I have no idea on which projector to get.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:51 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted by kreydar
I bought OPT7 HID light kit, with harness and resistors. I hooked everything up according to the diagram and nothing works or has power. I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong. my friend has a 09 2500 cummins and when we hooked them up to his truck they worked fine. is there anything different you have to do for the 1500?
Kinda hard to wire it wrong. If you are using a harness, the headlight plug on it plug into the OEM headlight harness from the truck. The red goes to (+), the black with the ring terminal goes to ground. The two ballasts connect to the plugs on the harness and of course the bulbs connect to the ballast.

Quick Reply: Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...