3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:05 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 08:55 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Are the fog ballasts wired directly into the oem fog wiring on the truck?

Two wires on the ballast with one being (+) and the other (-) so it should be easy to wire them to the truck

Old 10-13-2015, 09:08 PM
dingo88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. Both ballasts are connected to the stock fog light wiring. I'm thinking I need a wire harness bit not full sure.
Again any help is appreciated.

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Are the fog ballasts wired directly into the oem fog wiring on the truck?

Two wires on the ballast with one being (+) and the other (-) so it should be easy to wire them to the truck

Old 10-15-2015, 11:26 PM
justin0943
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe
You have a bad or loose connect somewhere. You can always take an ohm/volt meter to test the resistor. You could use the same to test power at each connect point coming to see where it stops to help track down your problem
nope 2 days later found out that plug n play resistors I bought was wire for 9004 plug so I just switch the 2 wires on both sides now back in business which is weird I thought it being wired different an also having relay kit it the hid would have never come on.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:03 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

I would classify that as a bad connection but either way, glad you got it working

Old 12-20-2015, 08:48 PM
ramalex

ok so im having hid problems and i wanna upgrade to the new ddm canbus system does anybody know if this system is plug and play to the factory wiring ?? has anybody used this kit before what all do i need for the canbus kit ?? 05 ram daytona

Old 12-20-2015, 11:08 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Just use the load resistors as explained and indicated per the first page and you will be fine

Old 12-21-2015, 07:32 PM
justin0943
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ramalex
ok so im having hid problems and i wanna upgrade to the new ddm canbus system does anybody know if this system is plug and play to the factory wiring ?? has anybody used this kit before what all do i need for the canbus kit ?? 05 ram daytona
don't order from ddm a lot of people hates them,order a set for buddy took 4 weeks to get here and so call lifetime warranty is crap no matter what could never get them to warrant the one ballast so I been ordering from opt7 their stuff is top notch never had one problem with their kits going on a year now on my setup plus I love the way their ballast is the bulb harness is just one plug to take off I'll take pic later

Old 01-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Steven Austin
Default HID issue!!!

I purchased a HID kit with standard slim ballast, relays, and cancellers before finding out I needed canbus ballasts. Purchased canbus ballasts and installed on my 2012 dodge ram 1500. They worked great for about 2 weeks. Then they wouldn't come on. Had to flip the on off swith 100 times and then they would finally come on. After doing this several times the driver side canbus ignitor blew and had to replace it. Replace and now they still will not come on. I have checked all connections grounds and still nothing. Help me please. My daily driver and no head lights.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:43 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Steven, the easiest and best way to test things so you know what works and doesn't and where to start troubleshooting from there is to take your ballast and bulb and connect it directly.to your battery.

If it doesn't work, then you either have a bad bulb or ballast and if so since you have another bulb and ballast, try them as well.

if they do work though, then your bulb and ballast are fine and your issue could be your connections and/or wiring

Old 02-22-2016, 08:15 PM
rambradley
Default 2013 ram 1500 low beam hid install issues

I just installed an hid kit from Xenonhid on my 2013 ram. All I did was the low beam for now. I got the best ballast they make. It's a 55w ac canbus ballast. I also got the relay harness too. Ok so since my drivers side is hooked to the relay harness and my passenger side is hooked to nothing I'm getting a lamp out on my passenger side. My main issue is I'm getting a clicking sound when the lights are on but only while I'm driving. If I put my foot on the brake it goes away. If I come to a stop it stops. So there's no way of me getting out to diagnose where the noise is coming from because it doesn't start doing it until I start driving again. If I turn the fog lights off it gets worse but still stops at the same points as described. The lights work fine. Just those two issues. Would love some help in the matter. Thank you

Quick Reply: Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...