3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electronic Throttle Control Question?

Old 01-12-2011, 10:52 AM
GamerKid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Electronic Throttle Control Question?

I have been having some problems with my truck these past few days. It has been very cold lately (down to -10, -15 with a -30 windchill). I don't know if this could be causing the problem, but it just started happening these past few cold days. Anyway, I was coming home yesterday, the highway had just been plowed of snow, but the regular roads where still full of snow leaving a drift between me and the highway about 2 foot. I hit the drift at around 10 mph, not to hard, and was off on my way home. I came to the side of the street where I normally park and when i hit the brakes to stop my truck shut off and said check gauges. I was not really looking at the cluster at the time, so I figured it must have just had a glitch or something in the computer so I locked it up and went to sleep. This morning I come out to start it, started fine, went back inside and let it warm up for about 10 min. I came out to a diesel like noise, I looked around and did not see any vehicles around so I went to my truck to check and sure enough it was that. Really rough idle almost like it was misfiring. I went into the truck to turn it off and I seen the Electronic throttle control light blinking (at the time I didn't know what it was) so I turned it off and ended up calling in for work. I have done a little searching on here and havent really came up with a strong idea what is wrong. My truck is a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT BigHorn with the 5.7L hemi and just of 36,000 miles. I did the the code check on the odometer and nothing showed up. Any idea what this could be with the events that had happened

Old 01-12-2011, 01:21 PM
dodgeboy1979
All Star

When you hit the snow drift did you have any snow/ice get jammed up in the engine compartment. The snow coud of melted on the engine and refroze causing some issues. Pop the hood and take a look to make sure all the electrical components are still plugged together etc....

Old 01-12-2011, 06:04 PM
GamerKid

Just got back from the shop, they tested the throttle body, it was fine just "froze up". They took it off and cleaned it for me for no cost.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electronic Throttle Control Question?