3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

newbie needs advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 04:52 PM
mpddadld
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie needs advice

newbie here. just bought a ram 1500 quad cab, black, 1st truck. got the rebate and the employee discount. SWEEEEEET. without a doubt the best looking pickup out there. i got a 2 wheel drive and it sits up like its a 4x4. i just want to haul my bike, and snow doesn't bother my driving, so i saved a couple bucks. looking to get the flomaster for the my pipes, and save a little gas. i also want to get the tonneau cover. any suggestions??? also going to need a liner. i hear rhino is good????

Old 07-20-2005, 06:27 PM
04hemiboy
Amateur
Default RE: newbie needs advice

If you are hauling your bike get an ACCESS ROLL UP the best on the market.

Old 07-20-2005, 07:41 PM
capnp72

Access is the leading seller of tonneau covers. I would recommend line-X over rhino tho.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Scratch
Rookie

Do not get the Rhino Lining. I just loaded an engine hoist in the truck a tore the lining off. I'm gonna call Rhino and see if they will warranty the lining. In my opinion, it's not worth the money to spray it on.

Old 07-21-2005, 12:26 AM
my01camaro

i have a 40 series flowmaster with catback on mine & i didn't notice any gas mileage difference at all. for some reason though i've hit 10,000 miles & bought it when it had 6 miles on it when i got it in november & i've gained one mile per gallon. the most i've ever got out of the truck in the city or highway is 13.6. lowest 12.2. i finally got my fiberglass campershell for mine. that is only for my dogs though otherwise i take it off.

Old 07-21-2005, 01:03 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

If your hauling your bike, get a roll up such as the one mentioned or a Pace Edwards. I'd also recommend the Line-X over the Rhino.

Old 07-21-2005, 01:43 AM
Avanti
Captain

As noted, you aren't going to get significant quick and easy mileage gains with a simple "bolt-on" mod. More effective is keeping your foot out of it if mileage is a concern. You bought tons of truck with the aerodynamics of a brick (attractive brick, but a brick nonetheless). The Laws of Physics are harder to break than others.

All the best and enjoy your truck!

Old 07-22-2005, 04:34 AM
BigRedTex

line-X is definetly the way to go when it comes to the spray it. Line-X will give u a life time warranty for the life of the bed, so if u get in a accident no warranty, so if something like the lift screws up the lining line-X will fix it for free

Old 07-22-2005, 05:02 AM
HEMI_n_Cali
Professional

Where did you hear Rhino is good? I got Line-X and it is the best stuff on the market. ive gotten many comments on it. When ppl see how good it looks and how well it holds up they go and get it for themselves. Its great stuff i highly recommend it. Other then that, exhuast and just enjoy ur truck.

Quick Reply: newbie needs advice