3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to get out of lockout after using wrong transponder key?

Old 09-15-2011, 05:16 PM
JayDee240
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get out of lockout after using wrong transponder key?

Long story... crappy truck... 2006 Dodge Ram ST 4.7l 4x4 QCLB... shorted wiring harness... fried ecm... Got new a new ECM, programmed to VIN number of truck, but I have the wrong transponder key. I'm assuming the previous ECM did not match the vin of the truck, which could have been why the ABS didn't work I suppose. I couldn't check it because it was dead, the scanner wouldn't read it. Anyway, freshly remanufactured ECM, I scanned it, it's programmed to my vin, but my key won't run the truck. It starts, runs for 2 seconds, then shuts off, just like it would if you have a spare key without the chip in it. After 3 or 4 tries, it "locks out", and turning the key will do absolutely nothing, it won't try to start at all. How do I reset the ecm for when i get a new key reprogrammed? The dealership doesn't know how, so I'm in a pretty crappy situation.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:21 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Your dealership is useless, I've known guys had to have dealers replace the PCM and reprogrammed to the original transponder key with the StarScan Tool...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to get out of lockout after using wrong transponder key?