3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Misfire cylinder 3 help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 07:48 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverStreak231
Thanks TN and Tafet for your input on this issue. One last thing TN I know you said you have seen a valve issue with these 3.7 engines. Did those engines still have good vacuum reads as well? I think I posted before mine is at 20 and the needle is steady.
I'll be honest, it's not something I ever payed attention to in this situation. Bottom line was there was a severe compression loss and a vacuum reading wouldn't be reliable anyway. Mechanical problem trumps whatever else.

Last edited by TNtech; 09-27-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:12 PM
LongBed287
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I 2nd TNtech. I have seen a V6 with a bad valve seat with almost the same compression results as yours. Vaccume means very little since the other cylinders are more than capable of making an acceptable signal for the MAP sensor.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:09 PM
SilverStreak231
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have thought that I would have had this problem a valve seat issue or whatever when I had my lifter come apart and the rocker shot out from under the cam. Like I said before that was like 25,000 miles or so ago. And at that time I had a real bad mis basically shut the cylinder down. I know the guy that did it said he loosened the cam and slipped the new rocker back underneath the cam. So I'm just wondering if maybe something loosened up like the cam or the other rocker might be not in right all the way on cylinder 1 and or 3. Something i guess I'll see when the valve cover comes off.

Quick Reply: Misfire cylinder 3 help!