3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Doors wont lock/unlock by fob or inside button. But fob honks?

Old 01-20-2012, 10:36 AM
linzyove
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doors wont lock/unlock by fob or inside button. But fob honks?

I have an 02 Dodge quad half ton. I have never had this issure before but went to get in and pushed unlock on fob and lights blinked like normal but the doors didnt unlock. none of them. I pushed the lock button and it honked but i still couldnt get in. Had to use the key to unlock. I tried the door panel unlock too and it would work. Lock or unlock?? What is the problem??

Old 01-20-2012, 11:05 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by linzyove
I have an 02 Dodge quad half ton. I have never had this issure before but went to get in and pushed unlock on fob and lights blinked like normal but the doors didnt unlock. none of them. I pushed the lock button and it honked but i still couldnt get in. Had to use the key to unlock. I tried the door panel unlock too and it would work. Lock or unlock?? What is the problem??
So the buttons inside work or don't they? Your title contradicts what is bold above.
If your door lock actuator is making noise(attempting the lock/unlock) the you could have a jam somewhere. If there is no actuator noise then you might have a bad relay or fuse. This would cause no lock/unlock condition and yet the lights still flash.
Also, I believe all the lock/unlock controls execute off the driver door master switch, so if that goes bad, you could have the same problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Doors wont lock/unlock by fob or inside button. But fob honks?