3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:20 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Programming Garage Door Opener

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 09:01 PM
PlumbinRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming Garage Door Opener

HELP. I've gone round and round and cannot get my Homelink to sync up with my garage door opener. I've read the manual, tried the Canadian version, and the Homelink even signals like it has been correctly programmed but it still doesn't open my garage door. Anybody have any input for me?

Thanks

Old 03-18-2012, 06:27 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 03-18-2012, 03:40 PM
lyndo
Rookie

Originally Posted by PlumbinRam
HELP. I've gone round and round and cannot get my Homelink to sync up with my garage door opener. I've read the manual, tried the Canadian version, and the Homelink even signals like it has been correctly programmed but it still doesn't open my garage door. Anybody have any input for me?

Thanks
When I did mine, the truck wouldn't pick up the signal from the first garage door opener i was using. Not sure if the signal was strong enough or what but as soon as I tried one of the others, it picked the signal up no problem. You also sometimes have to put the garage door opener in programming mode. Once I had those two things figured out it programmed no problem.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Note: Some vehicles may require the ignition be turned on or the vehicle actually running to program the Homelink® transceiver.

To program a rolling code compatible Homelink® system, please follow these steps.

1. Press and hold the two outside buttons on the Homelink® system until the LED starts to blink, release buttons

2. Press and hold the desired Homelink® button and the transmit button on your rolling code transmitter at the same time until the Homelink® LED changes from a slow blink to a rapid blink. (Your Homelink® system is now programmed)

3. Locate the learn code button on your garage door opener. (These are located under the light cover or on the rear panel depending on model)

4. Press the learn code button on the garage door opener, a red LED will start to blink. (You will have 30 seconds to complete programming)

5. While the LED on the garage door opener is blinking, return to the vehicle and press the pre-programmed Homelink® button 4 times. (Or until the garage door operates).

Old 03-22-2012, 08:33 PM
PlumbinRam

This WORKED! Thank you so much. Pushing the learn button on my garage door opener was not in my manual.

Thanks again

Old 03-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PlumbinRam
This WORKED! Thank you so much. Pushing the learn button on my garage door opener was not in my manual.

Thanks again
Glad I could help....

Old 04-19-2014, 08:47 AM
Georg89y

To program my new remotes I used this instructions: http://wnet.name/content/visor_compact_prog.html. On the garage door opener itself, there should be a button that is marked, "Train" or "Learn" or something similar. Press that button. You will then have 30 seconds to get into your car and press the Homelink button you wish to program twice. That should program the Homelink button to your garage door. I just did this tonight, and it worked on both my Highlander and my G35. FWIW, there are simple instructions in the Highlander manual. They are much less convoluted than the Infiniti instructions.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:33 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Just a side note. The other two HomeLink buttons nobody ever uses make great switches for things like off-road lights when paired with an inexpensive wireless relay. Been doing this for years. I HATE DRILLING/CUTTING THE DASH FOR SWITCHES...

Old 04-21-2014, 11:20 AM
lyndo
Rookie

hammer, do you have a link for where to buy these relays? I was looking into those when I did the lights for my truck but couldn't find them.

Quick Reply: Programming Garage Door Opener