3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

04 4.7L Trans Clutch Replacement.. Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 12:28 PM
SeanW727
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 4.7L Trans Clutch Replacement.. Advice?

Well i've done plenty of searching, and unfortunately theres so many topics about the fan clutch i've given up trying to find the transmission clutch posts.
Well i have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7L.... 5spd Trans. I bought the truck with roughly 60k on it and now have 120k... I Have never done a clutch and the previous service records also show no sign of a clutch being replaced. What should i go with? Any advice would be great?
I Dont want something that will kill the ride quality, however i need it to be a strong enough clutch to deal with the occasional 5000lb trailer tow.
I was looking at a Centerforce Dual Friction, however im not sure how the ride quality is?
http://www.amazon.com/Centerforce-CF...ar=1&carId=002
Also, a friend who owns a trans shop says he will only use Luk Clutches and quoted me 250$ his cost on the clutch kit....
Now is there a flywheel that is a good OE/Lightweight replacement? Would like to upgrade to something better rather than getting it cut.
Thanks Guys,
Sean

Quick Reply: 04 4.7L Trans Clutch Replacement.. Advice?