3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My speakers aren't working.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 12:13 AM
vengeancex
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My speakers aren't working.

Hey guys, I just picked up my first 3rd gen dodge. I'm orginally from the 2nd gen section, but I was tired of the problems my truck was giving. SO I just bought a 2005 1500 SXT 4dr.

I got it from a used dealer ship, but I didn't even bother testing the radio when I was looking at the truck, but on my way home I noticed the front 2 door speakers, and the 3 dash speakers weren't working. Does anyone know what could be the cause? If not, I'm going to call the dealership Monday, they'll fix the issue free. But that's 2 days and I just wanna know if their is anything I should check. I've yet to find a way to remove the 3rd gen dash LOL. Everything looks so complicated..

Thanks.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:06 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Being that you have an SXT, i doubt you have the Infinity sound. You likely have the 4speaker basic stero which dowsn't have any speakers in the dash near the windshield. that's probably why they aren't working...lol

As for the door speakers, did you check the fade? Could be a loose conection in back of the radio or maybe the amp outputs have gone bad? the amp should be tucked up behind glove box. Eitherway, i'd bring it into the dealership and have them figure it out.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Dudemanbrother
Professional

Agreed. Check your fade **** first, then the amp. To remove the heater/radio bezel there are 2 screws(sometimes) hidden in the upper corners of the fold down cup holder. Remove those and it will pull off. Just grab whatever you can on it, it'll come off pretty easily.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:43 PM
itsahemi4x4
Professional

Don't forget about the screw behind the coat hanger thing to the right of the cupholders. Also, if he doesn't have the infinity system, does he still have an amp? I'd take it to the dealership first, and if they can't figure it out, come back here for help.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:29 PM
vengeancex
Rookie

My father told me that the sub was in the middle and 2 tweeters on the sides of the dash. besides the 4 air vents. The fade is at -- along with Balance --

When I turn the fade to the front you can't hear nothing. I can't seem to find the Amp.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:59 PM
itsahemi4x4
Professional

If you have the infinity sound system, you have speakers in the dash. Otherwise, no speakers in the dash. If they are there, the two outers are tweeters, and the middle is a center channel that gets its signal from the two tweeters. If you had an amp, Infinity only I believe, it would be behind the glove box, and is near impossible to access without tearing the whole dash apart. If you do not have the infinity system, (look for infinity on the inside panels by the side view mirrors) you're in luck, as swapping out to a better head unit will be a lot easier. As to why no sound, you could pull the door panels and check the connections. I would let the dealer look into it first, but if they can't figure it out, you can post here, and get all the help you will need to get the system operational.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:30 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

If you had the Infinity it would say it on the door sails where mirrors are at

Old 05-06-2012, 04:57 PM
scwpd
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Might also check the wires going into the door

Old 05-06-2012, 05:31 PM
mycj7

Originally Posted by scwpd
x2 on the wiring between the door pillars and the doors. Had 3 out of 4 door speakers on my truck not working when I bought it and all the wires were broken.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:36 PM
vengeancex
Rookie

Originally Posted by scwpd
I took both panels off and the wires were in tack and stuff. So, that's all I plan on doing on my part. I'll see what the dealer says tomorrow. If not, I'll just have my uncle mess with it. He has a 2008 dodge.

My door sail just has a Ram logo, so I don't think I have the infinity system.

Last edited by vengeancex; 05-06-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Quick Reply: My speakers aren't working.