3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Intermittent lamp out warning light

Old 07-23-2014, 01:19 PM
M.A.D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All this is happen when, i'm driving down the road.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:49 PM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

I took my drivers side tail lamp off & tweaked the connection tabs where it touches the bulbs connection... prob solved

Old 10-31-2014, 12:11 PM
thegoldenspiral

Did anyone find a solution for this issue? My back drivers side brake light is also causing my lamp out indicator to ding all the time. It is not the bulb. My license plate lamps are good.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:06 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thegoldenspiral
Did anyone find a solution for this issue? My back drivers side brake light is also causing my lamp out indicator to ding all the time. It is not the bulb. My license plate lamps are good.
thegoldenspiral,

If the bulb is testing okay, it is possible that there is a loose connection or bad wire to the back driver side tail light.

Do you have the original lights in the truck?

Old 11-05-2014, 11:58 AM
phrend

The source of my problem turned out to be that the contacts on my bulbs get so hot that they actually melt in to the plastic on the bulb, and make poor contact with the socket. So, replacing the bulbs solved my problem... but I had to replace a bunch before I found the one that was causing the problem, since it worked most of the time. I have to assume that the bulbs these companies are making are just crap these days...

Old 11-05-2014, 01:12 PM
04FloridaHemi
Professional

I ended up replacing the board in the tail light after changing bulbs and checking contacts got me zero. A new board fixed the problem.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:06 PM
grizzzzly
Default intermittent brake light out

Originally Posted by Bigboytoys
03Whiteram-You get your issue fixed yet? Definately look at getting the socket connectors looked at/replaced...
When people mention the circuit boards are you referring to the white piece that the bulbs push into? Thanks thought I had mine fixed but after two months the problem is back. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-26-2014, 06:54 PM
Benc2001
Default Same problem here

Originally Posted by grizzzzly
When people mention the circuit boards are you referring to the white piece that the bulbs push into? Thanks thought I had mine fixed but after two months the problem is back. Thanks in advance.
I have an 03' Ram 1500 and just began having the same problem. I'd love to find out if you fix the problem. I'll let you know what I find with mine.

Old 01-05-2015, 02:51 PM
joeylead
Rookie

The problem with this issue is that 1)it is common and 2) there are many different causes.

well when I had this issue, I fixed it after replacing all the bulbs, tightening all the contacts and replacing the taillight bulb boards.

My issue was a loose ground wire to the passenger headlight. it grounds to the pass. fender. just something to check.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:32 PM
scuba_dude

Having sort of the same issue. Only this is with the passenger side headlight. When I turn on the lights the passenger side light won't light, I turn on my high beams and turn them off and the passenger side headlight comes on and stays on. It does it intermittently. 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 2 wheel drive w/5.7L hemi.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Intermittent lamp out warning light