3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Intermittent lamp out warning light

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 08:45 AM
Benc2001
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seems to be fixed

Originally Posted by Benc2001
I have an 03' Ram 1500 and just began having the same problem. I'd love to find out if you fix the problem. I'll let you know what I find with mine.
I took out the drivers side headlight assembly and checked my turn signal bulb. It was in good shape. I took the advice of this forum and made sure the connection points for that bulb were clean and I slightly bent them in toward where they meet the bulb. Essentially making it a much tighter seat for the bulb.

This seems to have solved my problem.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:22 PM
WiscyNative

Got a 2004 ram 1500.. just replaced the headlight assembly and now my lamp out light flashes and the console dings while the directionals are on... while the directional is on it will ding for 10 seconds stop and then start back up...

Old 05-17-2015, 10:43 AM
Benc2001
Default Funny update

Originally Posted by Benc2001
I took out the drivers side headlight assembly and checked my turn signal bulb. It was in good shape. I took the advice of this forum and made sure the connection points for that bulb were clean and I slightly bent them in toward where they meet the bulb. Essentially making it a much tighter seat for the bulb.

This seems to have solved my problem.

During a period of fairly wet weather here, my lamp out alert returned. Coming on and going off several times a minute for long drives. Very frustrating since I thought my problem had been previously solved.

Turns out, it was simpler to fix this time. My left brake light failed. It would work as a running light when I had the lights on, but pressing the brake pedal, it would not brighten. I replaced the half working bulb and presto! The problem was solved. Very strange that it initially had the same symptoms as I had had before....maybe my experience will help somebody out in the future.

Quick Reply: Intermittent lamp out warning light