3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2006 dodge ram wont start

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 12:40 PM
eblue4sho
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2006 dodge ram wont start

i have a 2006 dodge ram hemi started fine 3 times earlier went to get in after breakfast and it just did a single click replaced the starter still single click i can feel it click in both the relay and the starter voltage on the guage is up checked all the wires for breaks didnt find anything not sure what else to do anybody have this problem before??????

Old 06-26-2012, 05:20 PM
[meph]
Professional

i've had the same problem twice now with my 2006. starts and runs fine all day, then go to get back in and nothin but a click. radio/lights/everything electronic works, all of the wiring is in tact. and i KNOW it's not a dead battery (i have 6 deep cycles). the starter works fine also. after it sits for like an 45min or so, it fires up just fine.

its only done this twice in a year or so, but i have yet to figure out what the issue is. like you, i really hope someone has an answer

Old 06-26-2012, 07:12 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Hmm....only enough mine the other day clicked when I got in it. I have two 1000CA batteries which are fairly new so I know they are fine. I was going to buy a new starter if it did it again but it hasnt. I did have to bump the ignition a few times to get it to catch (again because I knew it wasnt the batteries). Normally though when something like that happens it is the solenoid on the starter.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:02 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

All,

Only info I could find is below and relates to starter wire becoming grounded to the crash bracket in front of it. Condition usually results in stored code P1277.

Vehicle Issue No Crank, No Start, key doesnt do anything. Concern could be intermittent, acting like a dead battery, then after sitting awhile some vehicles start right up. DTC P1277 Starter Control Circuit Low will be in TIPM.

System or Component Starting Issues,No Start,Engine Will Not Crank - Starter Will Not Engage;Customer Concern (No DTCs),DTC / Error Message;Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM);Yes - Intermittent

Recommendation If code is active, disconnect the C102 connector. The code should go stored. This tells you that the T750 14 YL/GY wire to the starter is probably touching (grounded) the starter crash bracket just ahead of the starter on the left side of the engine. This can easily be viewed thru the L/F wheel well. Simply repair the wire and tie away from the bracket. Depending on the extent the TIPM is confused, will determine how we bring it back to life. Sometimes just erasing the DTC is required. Other times a complete system reset is needed, followed by resetting the TIPM. Replacement normally is not required.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:52 PM
[meph]
Professional

guess i'll have to take a closer look. everything looked fine the last time, but who knows.

thx for the info

Quick Reply: 2006 dodge ram wont start