3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

UPDATE: 20" factory wheels fixed

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 10:34 AM
cwoods
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE: 20" factory wheels fixed

So I finally got Dodge to do something about my wheels that were pealing and corroding. After 3 months of waiting for an appointment with the Local Rep, the service manger called me back and said he now has a new local rep and he agreed to have the wheels fixed. It took the whole day, $125 per wheel....they sanded them down and painted them with a machine color and clear coated them.

I am not completely satisfied though.....I watched the guy do some of it at the end while I waited to pick it up and he did it with the wheels on the truck...using masking tape around the bead. Can't you take the covers off?? The service manager said no you can't. Anyway there seems to be a little overspray, but not noticiable to the untrained eye. Also the color is different....it not the AL color...more of a light silver. And to top it off....I asked the guy if they warranty their work, and they said no.....so I asked do you think it will last....he said he's not sure. I am thinking of calling the service manager to let him know in case I have to deal with this next year......I am assuming he'll say tough luck if this happens.

Old 09-07-2005, 12:02 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: UPDATE: 20" factory wheels fixed

Last time I checked, Dodge stands behind any factory repair. I'd get in touch with the factory rep again, cause that is just pure crap. And over spray to boot....I'd be furious as hell.

Quick Reply: UPDATE: 20" factory wheels fixed