3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Does bilstien make an adjustable shock for my 2wd?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 12:46 AM
bgbluram2
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does bilstien make an adjustable shock for my 2wd?

Whats up guys, been a while since I've been around but I had a question. I searched and couldn't find a direct answer to this question. Does bilstien make an adjustable shock for our 2wd trucks to level out the front, or raise it up just an inch or two? I have 3" airbagit spindles on the truck right now and it's about perfectly level, but I want to raise the front just another inch or so. Is a coil spacer my only hope?

Old 04-19-2013, 01:05 AM
team_realtree
Professional

Originally Posted by bgbluram2
Whats up guys, been a while since I've been around but I had a question. I searched and couldn't find a direct answer to this question. Does bilstien make an adjustable shock for our 2wd trucks to level out the front, or raise it up just an inch or two? I have 3" airbagit spindles on the truck right now and it's about perfectly level, but I want to raise the front just another inch or so. Is a coil spacer my only hope?
No, look at the setup of a 2wd front shock. There is an upper and a lower mount that is it. By extending that you just increase the travel of the shock the truck will still sit at stock height unless you install an extended length coil spring or a coil spacer. And if you put too long of a spring or spacer in there your upper control arm will hit the coil spring bucket because of the new upper a arm angle. I have a 2006 with a 2.5" spacer and there are minor signs of contact.

Last edited by team_realtree; 04-19-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:21 AM
bgbluram2
All Star

Ok, that's what I thought.. I think I will just go with a 1.5" spacer and new shocks. Thanks

Old 04-19-2013, 02:25 AM
08HEMI1500
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You could throw on a longer coil spring but I don't think they make them small enough for what you want

Quick Reply: Does bilstien make an adjustable shock for my 2wd?