3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

replaced fuel pump now gauge is slow to react

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 10:24 AM
66three83
Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default replaced fuel pump now gauge is slow to react

2006 MegaCab 1500 5.7 Hemi 145k miles
I replaced my fuel pump 2 weeks ago. Everything seems to be fine except when I fill my tank, it takes 5-10 minutes for the fuel gauge to climb to full. With the old one, my gauge would shoot up instantly to full as soon as I turned the key. Is there some kind of calibration that needs to be done? It seems to register correctly, it's just slow. I replaced the original with an Airtex. It looked identical to the OEM when replaced. BTW, unrelated, the factory nylon line that connects to the steel fuel line was unusable, as it wanted to kink with the slightest bend. I bought a replacement from Auto Zone, that was even worse. Any bend, and pop, like a soda straw, it would kink. I finally ended up finding a flexible line to replace it. Anyone else have these issues?

Quick Reply: replaced fuel pump now gauge is slow to react