3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel injectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 06:50 PM
DanielHemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel injectors

Has anyone had problems with the fuel injectors on their 03-05 Hemi? I had mine rebuilt, that is, had them cleaned out and new filters, etc. Cost was about $20 apiece to do it. It's still running a little rough, and it even threw the "random misfire" code. When it quits raining I am going to change the spark plugs In the hopes that one is bad. But, I am really hoping one of the injectors isn't trash, so that I don't get another broken piston that has already happened from a cylinder running too lean.

The rookie move that I did was not install them on a running motor after I got them back. I was told to get them installed no more than 48 hours after I got them, but I got really sick and was in bed for a week, and the engine never got reassembled as I hoped it would have been.

Any insights if the injectors could be screwed up? Do I need to have them rebuilt again?

Old 04-19-2013, 08:13 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

They should be fine. Heck, I bought a set of 24# injectors from the for sale forum here that had been off of a vehicle for quite some time. I put them in my Mustang and they haven't missed a beat yet.
I would toss the useless TB spacer, they do nothing on a port injected engine. I do not see a tuner in your list of mods? Do you have a good one that does data logging? If so, that's where I would start. Watch the fuel trim and timing curves.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:04 PM
DanielHemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Injectors

I have a Diablosport programmer on the truck, I am hoping to change out the ecu pretty soon to an '05 so that I have more to program, the '03 sucks for programming. I had a Superchips tuner on it, which worked pretty good. At least it would let you change the transmission shift points. It won't accept the superchips now that the predator has been on it. Superchips said I need to update the ecu at the dealer. I hate the dealer.
The place that did the injector rebuild said to get them on the engine ASAP and run them because of the corrosive nature of the stuff they clean them up with. It runs with a stumble/miss, so I get worried quick, especially after the broken piston just 5000 miles after a ground up rebuilt and tweak. This stuff gets expensive fast. I can't afford to keep throwing money at this stuff..

Quick Reply: Fuel injectors