3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I'm new and I have a question

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Bryanp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 2007 just started having a similar problem the power lock on the passenger door just stopped working. The switch on both doors still locks\unlocks the other three doors, but no bueno on the passenger door. shopping for a new actuator.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Old man with a Hemi2
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No she doesn't have power locks. Her truck is just possessed by lock demons. Man what kind of a question was that. How could her truck lock by itself without power locks

Old 05-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Old man with a Hemi2
No she doesn't have power locks. Her truck is just possessed by lock demons. Man what kind of a question was that. How could her truck lock by itself without power locks

Well actually I've seen a few cars that have MANUAL Door Locks and lock themselves.

And in those cases it was actually because there is a little rod inside the door that got bound up with another little rod, one makes the hasp close which holds the door closed and the other is the one that "locks" and "unlocks" the door...

So yes, it most certainly is possible, just wanted to make sure we had all the info.

So quit being a smart@$$, ktnx.

Old 10-21-2016, 10:16 PM
Dark Lord of Scientology
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door lock squeaky

I had the same problem. After determining it was the actuator I realized it would be too expensive to replace so I took off the door panel, and cut the red power wire to the power lock, taped it off with electrical tape so it wouldn't short out, put the door panel back on and just use my keys from then on forward for that door.

Quick Reply: I'm new and I have a question