3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Amsoil synthetic how far

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Bowhunter2819
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amsoil synthetic how far

Hey yall im running amsoil in my 5.7 how far are you running yours before changing your oil?

Filter choice is another question what oil filter are you running and how far is it being run?

Old 06-11-2013, 10:44 PM
nkyhemi
Rookie

AMSoil around 7k. Been doing it since I bought the truck(21k). It now has 123+ and continues to kick but.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:53 PM
guitman32
Rookie

To a large extent the ability to use sythetic oil for extended oil change intervals is engine specific (eg your hemi will be different than my hemi, or whatever).

I suggest making the switch, and get your oil analyzed first after 3k (baseline), then extend it based on what the folks at blackstone labs tell you. That will be the only certain way to accurately ascertain what the proper synthetic oil change interval is for your specific engine.

Not taking a dig at Amsoil, but approach it with an open mind as these UOAs have been the main way I "settle down" on a specific oil...or at least know which to avoid...based on real information.

Theyll even send you free oil sample containers. Be sure to establish a dialogue and be specific in the notes that you are interested in extending your intervals. There actually is a box you check if that is what your interested in, but tell them you want feedback specific to you intervals and that will set the tone for each subsequent analysis.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Wanderer
Veteran

Wix Filter, 5-6K on the oil change

Quick Reply: Amsoil synthetic how far