3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Check Gauges light comes on and RPM's go to 0 while driving

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 10:41 PM
curtislichtenwald6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Gauges light comes on and RPM's go to 0 while driving

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram Laramie 1500 5.7 L Hemi

So back in February I was driving home from work and all of a sudden I see that my check gauges light comes on and then....all hell broke loose. Everything on my dash went to 0 (RPM's, oil...etc) The steering locked up so it was making it hard to turn. My truck was slowly coming to a stop and there was nothing I could do about it, luckily I could move the steering wheel just enough that I could get to the side of the road. All I did was restart the engine and it worked perfectly fine. A month or so after this happened it did it again, but it hasn't happened since. Any help is appreciated.

If you need anymore info just let me know.

Last edited by curtislichtenwald6; 06-27-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:04 AM
gcburkett
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would suspect the PCM or a poor connection to it. I would probably just pull and reconnect all the connectors to the PCM and see if the problem returns. Good luck on this one though.

Quick Reply: Check Gauges light comes on and RPM's go to 0 while driving