3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

blend door?

Old 11-03-2013, 04:18 PM
whit17
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blend door?

2004.5 dodge ram 2500 5.9 cummins
Have trobble with the direction of the air coming out of my heater. All the air comes out of the face vents. I have looked around on the internet about this and found that people have a air loss. I dont have that problem. So if anyone has insite to what my problem is

Old 11-03-2013, 06:32 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the site. Unfortunately, there is more than one door and yes, a faulty door is the cause of your problem

Old 11-04-2013, 03:16 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whit17
Yep.......as weed said, you have blend door issues.
Take a look at the link below. Click on the video tab of this site and it's shows you how to diagnose and test what doors are working/defective.
The doors in the HVAC system are a p**s poor design and quality, with the motor actuators eventually rounding out/off the plastic drive palls.
The company also have spares and ways to fit them without the massively expensive (if you take it to the dealership) task of removing the entire dash to repair your HVAC system.
I repaired my blend door in about an hour without issue using their spares.
Hope this helps?
Al.

http://www.heatertreater.net/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: blend door?