3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No heat on the floor

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 10:54 PM
cupcake65
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No heat on the floor

2006 dodge ram 1500
The heat works on everything except the floor , feet are freezing the air bag gets very cold ..Also very cold when the heat is not on the floor , passanger more then the drivers side
How can i fix this ??? thanks

Old 01-06-2014, 04:21 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a search either on here or google, for Heater Treaters.
They have videos on hiw ti diagnose HVAC faults and the goatees needed to repair those issues.
Sounds like you have a "mode door" fault.
Al.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:14 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My truck just started having this issue but to explain further:

Whenever I set the controls to Upper vents & Feet, Feet, or Feet + Defrost it will almost 100% come out of the defroster vents on the top of the dash instead of the feet.

Also if I set it to Feet or Feet & Defrost setting and the heat is set to anything above 3/4 of the way to "hot" it feels like the heat is set to 100% come out of the defrost vents. So basically the heat melts my eyeballs and if I set it any lower it just comes out cold....

The heat is extremely strong so it's definitely not a heater core issue, so I'm leaning towards it being a blend door problem, but I haven't had the time to get my snake camera out and start troubleshooting the issue.

If it is the blend door I'll prolly just leave it alone unless it's just a problem with something that doesn't require a complete removal of the interior....

Old 01-06-2014, 10:34 AM
66three83
Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You can access this door. It is located to the right of the gas pedal. Take a light and a long screwdriver, and you can flip the door to the opposite of where it is now. This will give you control over floor and dash vents. If you switch your **** back to defrost, it will get stuck there again. I have been living with this for over a year, and it is an easy go around.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 66three83
You can access this door. It is located to the right of the gas pedal. Take a light and a long screwdriver, and you can flip the door to the opposite of where it is now. This will give you control over floor and dash vents. If you switch your **** back to defrost, it will get stuck there again. I have been living with this for over a year, and it is an easy go around.
That is very good to know!

Old 01-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Daves69
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Careful how hard you push. You don't want to be breaking that hi-speed plastic!

Quick Reply: No heat on the floor