3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help please chasing engine codes!!!

Old 02-11-2014, 08:00 AM
Famousff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please chasing engine codes!!!

I have a 4.7 2002 ram single cab
I need to have no light to pass my emissions that is due.
First codes was fuel injectors and cylinder miss fire so I changed the plugs all eight , next code was two fuel injectors so I bought that purple cleaner that I was recommended. And cleared the codes. I am getting different ejector codes and ignition codes, are these from that stupid cleaner or is my ECM shot? Oh yeah i also changed my throttle position sensor. Miles are 181000.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go get a compression test done... honestly it sounds like you may have some bigger issues going on with that engine.

If the compression test comes back poorly, you might want to opt for a leak down test as well so that you can determine exactly what the problem is.

Purple Cleaner will dislodge a lot of the carbon and "gunk" build-up which can in-fact clog injectors up even more.

You might actually need to take the injectors out and have them sonic cleaned by a professional service.

https://www.rceng.com/Fuel-Injector-Cleaning-P43C0.aspx

^ That is a reputable service they will even flow test them for you and give you a report.

Best practice is to label them in separate ziplock bags with which cylinder number they came from so that you can put them back in the same place.

Hope that helps, let us know what you find out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help please chasing engine codes!!!