3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 08:26 AM
amangevine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any ideas?

I bought a 2002 Ram 1500 with a 4.7 about 3 years ago. I got it for only $500 so i really couldnt pass it up. It had a blown engine. It took me about 2 years to be able to save for the engine. So the engine had been in for almost 1 yr now. It is a rebuilt. Lately it has been running real rough like when im at a red light it acts like it wants to stall but this only happens when the engine is hot. I have had to replace the crank sensor 2 times already. My question is: what would cause these to keep going out on me? Do you think there may be a problem with my pcm? Seeing how it did sit for about 2 years. Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:13 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have a check engine light on? If so, what are the Trouble Codes that show up?

Can't really tell you much without that info.

We also need some more details on the engine rebuild... did they bore/hone the block? (larger pistons) or anything special?

Also might help to know what was broken on the original motor when you got it....? And what parts may have been reused in the rebuild...

Old 02-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Yeah we need more info. What was the cause of death for the old engine? Any codes?

Old 02-11-2014, 02:38 PM
amangevine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry

Sorry bout that ..no there is nothing special on the engine just bought a reg rebuilt. There are no codes showing. "The old engine the guy said it was overheating and attempted to just replace the heads but never finished so he sold it to me for $500. Instead of the unsure with that engine i just a rebuilt.

Quick Reply: Any ideas?