3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Doug's Headers Electric Cutout

Old 04-19-2014, 02:04 PM
blacktop
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doug's Headers Electric Cutout

Decided to install an electric cutout in my single exhaust so I can bypass my muffer. My exhaust has stock cats and Y-pipe and the goes to a 3" Doug's Headers electric cutout, I bought a Walker quietflow muffler (I think it was #22673) It has a 3" inlet and outlet. Its shorter in length than the stock muffler and surprisingly quieter than the stock one. After the muffler It goes to a 4" tailpipe with no resonator.

After installing it I took it for a ride and it worked great. I got home and tried it in the driveway and the cutout would not open. ($#!T) I could hear the motor trying to open but it wouldn't. I took the cutout off, dissasembled it and found nothing wrong with it. I reassembled it and now it works fine.?? I don't know if this is a known problem with these cutouts or not but I can say that when its in the closed position there is no ticking/leaking sounds like some of the butterfly style. The sound isn't obnoxious like a full dump. I'll see if I can get a sound clip up this weekend.

Attached Thumbnails Doug's Headers Electric Cutout-20140419_095022_resized.jpg   Doug's Headers Electric Cutout-20140419_095008_resized.jpg  
Old 12-16-2015, 03:37 PM
blacktop
Rookie

wow........ I'll update this. My electric cutout failed shortly after installing it. Come to find out the Gearbox has one nylon gear which was stripped. Expensive for such a poor design.

Old 12-20-2015, 11:10 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I have two DMH electric cutoutsiI've been using for many years. You should check them out

Old 01-31-2016, 05:35 PM
ramhuskyhauler
Default DHM cutout

Where did you buy your DHM cutout from.and what does DHM designate?

Old 01-31-2016, 05:37 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ramhuskyhauler
Where did you buy your DHM cutout from.and what does DHM designate?
http://www.dmhperformance.com/ecutout.htm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Doug's Headers Electric Cutout