3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Clicking in Drivers Door

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 09:10 AM
Nsmitty21
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking in Drivers Door

Recently bought a 3rd Gen. After driving it around for a week or so I have been noticing a clicking sound in the drivers side door. It is a very random click kind of like something electrical or something like that. It doesn't seem to happen when going over bumps or anything like that it is just random. Had anyone ever had this happen before or know what it could be??

Old 04-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Nsmitty21
Professional

I was thinking about this a little more, could this be the MDS kicking in and out???? I wouldn't think you would be able to hear anything with that but didn't know.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:42 AM
Buggsy
Professional

Do your doors automatically lock when you start driving? I think they should. Try unlocking your door after it locks and see if it automatically locks again. I have a vague memory of this happening to a friend with his car where the automatic lock just kept trying to lock the doors randomly.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Nsmitty21
Professional

Yeah they do lock automatically. That could make sense. Can you turn off the auto lock?

Old 04-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Buggsy
Professional

I don't know off hand. It might be in the manual if possible. If it is the locks, you might try just resetting your PCM. You can do that by unhooking the battery, and holding the positive and negative cables together for like 15 minutes. I think there is a faster way with removing the PCM fuse, but I don't really remember how well that works. If it is the locks and it keeps happening, hopefully someone knows more about what triggers them.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:08 PM
ThisIsChallenging
Amateur

You're positive it's electrical and no misaligned hinges?

Quick Reply: Clicking in Drivers Door