3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lamps out flashing

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Kimau1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lamps out flashing

I have a 2004 RAM 1500, recently the "Lamps out" warning light stated to flash intermittently; none of the lights were out.I needed new headlights (cloudy) so I purchased an OEM set from:
Headlights Depot
Manufacturer Part Number CS094-B001L
Now the intermittent flashing has stopped, but every time I turn on my turn signals, the lamp warning and bell starts going off and I noticed the turn signals and warning bell have started to flash at twice the speed as the original lights.Any ideas?

Old 05-06-2014, 10:17 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like your taillight circuit board(s) is going going.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:20 AM
campermama
Professional

I get the Lamp Out and bell tone when I am on a bumpy road, once I am on a smooth(er) road it stops. Everything works so no idea what the heck it is. :-(

Old 05-09-2014, 10:06 PM
herring_jerritt
Veteran

Like they already said the rear tail light circuit board is shorting out. I used it as an excuse to get led tail lights when it happened to me.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Kimau1

Originally Posted by Kimau1
I have a 2004 RAM 1500, recently the "Lamps out" warning light stated to flash intermittently; none of the lights were out.I needed new headlights (cloudy) so I purchased an OEM set from:
Headlights Depot
Manufacturer Part Number CS094-B001L
Now the intermittent flashing has stopped, but every time I turn on my turn signals, the lamp warning and bell starts going off and I noticed the turn signals and warning bell have started to flash at twice the speed as the original lights.Any ideas?
I have replaced both rear circuit boards, all new lamps (Head, rear, turn, backup, and brake), cleaned the plugs with contact cleaner, no luck. When my heads lights are on, nothing, when my head lights are on and I turn on my flashers, the alarm and LAMP OUT light start going off, when I turn on my left signal, same thing. When I turn on my right signal, same thing unless I mash the brake pedal and it stops (only right side).

Old 05-10-2014, 12:08 PM
herring_jerritt
Veteran

Do you have anything after market in your lighting system like a headache rack with lights or a trailer plug that did not come on the truck ?

Old 05-11-2014, 02:43 PM
Kimau1
Default All stock

Everything is stock. I have not added anything to the truck and I'm the original owner.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:45 PM
eisej
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump. Got the same issue after installing these LED tail lights. I have a 2005 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7.

http://r.ebay.com/QX1DWw

I did install the Sylvania resistors from Auto Zone on each of the tail lights which eliminated my hyper blinking issue. Everything seems to work fine except for the following. When I have the right signal on the lamp out indicator on the cluster flashes what seems to opposite of the signal. Signal on - Lamp Out Off .....Signal Off - Lamp Out On.

Another odd thing is that when I hit the brake the above symptoms disappear. This does not happen with the left turning signal. Thus the reason I bumped this thread.

I have been trying to find the turning signal / flasher relay but I can't seem to locate it. I have the service manual and nothing in there and generally nothing definitive online.

I contacted the seller on ebay and this was their response. I am bordering on returning everything. Any help is great. And one last thing. I bought this set because of the price. The truck is on it's last leg and the aftermarket headlights that came with it when I bought it had the tabs broken off so they wouldn't stay in. They are beyond repair.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
As listed on our ad, instructions are not included and professional installations is recommended. We are not mechanics and do not want to give the wrong information that would cause damages to your vehicle. There are DIY YouTube videos you can search for on how to install the load resistors.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
Thank you,
Nikki

Old 03-17-2017, 12:29 PM
eisej
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Solved

Went back to Autozone and bought a LED compatible relay for the parking lamps. Tried that by itself and no change. I also bought another set of the resistors that I installed onto the turning signal power and ground. I installed them on the brake light wire and ground wire and the problem is solved.

So to summarize the problem was solved by installing resistors on both the turning signal power and ground as well as the brake light/running light power and ground.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:35 AM
bevoe
Amateur
Default Turbo Lights

Well, looks like y'all hit it on the head for me. After the August flood in S. Louisiana. I had to replace all my light housings. It was after I changed out the head-lights when everything started to go turbo. But, only at night and using the turn signals. I thought it might be the flasher relay, but Dodge quit putting flasher relays in 2003 models. (Which mine is.) Now everything is wired into the CPU. Does any one know where these so-call circuit board are located? Maybe, It will also help me fix my speed control.

Quick Reply: Lamps out flashing