3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

07.5 2500 Interior/Exterior Lights Pulsating

Old 11-23-2014, 09:37 PM
08smokestack
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy has all the diagnostic equipment you can think of. Brought the truck to him, plugged it in and found those codes. Plugged the codes into identifix and it came up with KNOWN fixes for the codes. Either replace cluster and fuse panel. Or do the cables. I opted to do the cables (cheaper).

Old 11-24-2014, 06:12 PM
8nfever1952

Unhooked both batteries yesterday. Touched the wires together for each battery for a few seconds. cleaned battery posts and clamps good with wire brush then sprayed down with battery cleaner. washed all that off and dried everything and sprayed some corrosion stopper on the posts and tightened down the clamps. Also before i hooked the batteries back up I pulled fuse box and unhooked all wires going into it. Took the box apart and examined the circuit board for any signs of corrosion and it was surprisingly very dry and very clean. Reassembled all that. Knock on wood i drove it this morning and tonight and did not notice any pulsing. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Old 11-25-2014, 06:56 AM
08smokestack

Originally Posted by 8nfever1952
Unhooked both batteries yesterday. Touched the wires together for each battery for a few seconds. cleaned battery posts and clamps good with wire brush then sprayed down with battery cleaner. washed all that off and dried everything and sprayed some corrosion stopper on the posts and tightened down the clamps. Also before i hooked the batteries back up I pulled fuse box and unhooked all wires going into it. Took the box apart and examined the circuit board for any signs of corrosion and it was surprisingly very dry and very clean. Reassembled all that. Knock on wood i drove it this morning and tonight and did not notice any pulsing. Keeping my fingers crossed!
You are very welcome sir. Glad to be of some help. I've looked on many pages to find the solution to this problem. Glad we found how to fix it. Good luck

Old 12-17-2014, 09:05 AM
davewade10526

Do you need to unhook both batteries at the same time and hold both side together at the same time? Or can you do one side then do the other? Or is it just one side if what side? If that makes any sense at all.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:48 AM
08smokestack

Originally Posted by davewade10526
Do you need to unhook both batteries at the same time and hold both side together at the same time? Or can you do one side then do the other? Or is it just one side if what side? If that makes any sense at all.
Obviously yes. Unhook both batteries and hold each side together for 30 seconds or so. You can do one side then the other side. I did both at the same time because I had help that was there anyway.

Old 12-18-2014, 04:47 PM
8nfever1952

I didn't have any help and did one side at a time while both batteries were unhooked. I held them for a few seconds. While you have both unhooked, take the time to thoroughly clean the posts and clamps. Spray some cleaner on them and wash it off. Then spray some anti corrosion stuff on the posts and attach clamps. Haven't had any more issues since my last post when I tried this method. And make sure you thank 08smokestack for taking the time to post a solution to this unanswered problem!

Originally Posted by davewade10526

Old 12-19-2014, 08:58 PM
davewade10526

Alright I have followed the instructions on unhook in and hold both side together. I just it tonight and it started again. So should I start looking at the TIPM? Or what does everyone think?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 07.5 2500 Interior/Exterior Lights Pulsating