3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dual rear exit Magnaflows to dual/single side exit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 10:24 AM
konrad1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual rear exit Magnaflows to dual/single side exit?

I have the Magnaflow dual rear exit system. It came with the truck, but for some reason I was never a big fan of the dual rear exit exhausts, so I’d like to change to either dual side, or single side exit exhaust.

The Magnaflows sound great, so instead of changing them out, I was thinking of just changing the exit set up. I prefer the single side exit, so my question is - the muffler has dual exits, should I keep it dual or can I ‘y-pipe’ it with a bigger pipe to accommodate the 2-to-1 from the muffler to a single side exit? I don’t want to lose any power from doing that. If I do, I’d then go the dual side exit way.

Also, if I change to a single side exit, from the dual exit muffler, how would it change the sound? Make it louder or quieter?

Third choice, would be just to trade with someone who wants a dual rear exit, but has a single side exit. But I’ve heard someone with a single side exit Magnaflow and they are definitely louder than what I have, although he had a K&N intake, if that makes a difference.

Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks

Old 07-02-2014, 04:20 PM
konrad1
Amateur

bump ttt

Old 08-27-2014, 12:26 PM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

I was looking at dual sides as well, but 400 bucks for bolt on? LMAO haven't hit the local muff shop yet for pricing...

any pros & cons that have this sorta setup

Does it tarnish the rear rim any from the exhaust fumes?

Old 08-27-2014, 02:34 PM
CopenghagenHemi22
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am curious on this as well. It was duals coming straight out of the back, but I'd prefer single side exit. Wondering the same thing as you are for loss of power... Plus on my left side the exhaust mount broke so I have it chained up from going all over the place, but obviously it still moves.

Hoping someone on here has some input on this.

Quick Reply: Dual rear exit Magnaflows to dual/single side exit?