3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

i want to buy the fastman tb, should i get the spacer too

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 08:33 PM
spiffdank3.7
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i want to buy the fastman tb, should i get the spacer too

hey im new here, just got a 2005 ram 3.7, my buddy just got the 4.7(rubs it in my face) N E WAYZ anybody purchased the fastman TB, do u like it, and should i get the spacer

Old 10-20-2005, 10:30 PM
eltupac
All Star
Default RE: i want to buy the fastman tb, should i get the spacer too

As far as I know, from the posts, spacers dont do anything for you and they are a waste of money. I would trust most of the guys here, if they say that. Then again most of them have 4.7 and Hemis so I dont know if 3.7 makes any difference. I dont think so.

Old 10-21-2005, 02:37 AM
spiffdank3.7
Rookie

yeah thats what i read too, thanks, and did the 40 series sound any better yet, if not are u going to change it

Old 10-21-2005, 12:18 PM
eltupac
All Star

Man, I love them, but I hate them at the same time. Altought I only have 300 miles on it, I am still gonna give it some time. I think if I shift below 3000 rpms all the time, I can get away with it. The problem is that if I need pick up speed I am screwed. I was next to a Ram 2500 this morning, we were at the light and since people drive like there are no rules here in Miami, I had to speed up and there it came out, not too ricer more like a race car, like a 350Z (if you know what I mean). I wonder what the guy thought. We both have tinted so I could not see his face. Maybe it was like this or like this [&:].
I am waiting for someone with a 3.7 to put the 50 in and get their results. I tell you that with stock at high rpms was pretty aggressive too. Not to loud, but nice. So I wonder if it has to do with space. The 40 series is half the size of stock. The stock is almost the same size of the 50. We'll see.

Old 10-21-2005, 09:43 PM
spiffdank3.7
Rookie

yeah i like loud, but not honda snap crackle and sound like craper, N E Wayz, think i might get the 50, iv heard that magnaflow has a good sounding one too, do u know what your truck does 0-60, and do u double clutch, i do in 2nd at like 5 to get that extra chirp, and my best 0-60 is 10.40, sux but that is pretty much stock besides the cai, which sux too,what size tires do u have, and i live in daytona,i just pull over look for cops than gun it i know its not a racer, in fact it a 5000 pound underpowered pig, but im bored and only do it on the highway early in the mornig

Quick Reply: i want to buy the fastman tb, should i get the spacer too