3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

losing coolant from blow off tube

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 09:44 AM
403jeepin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losing coolant from blow off tube

Well my 2003 dodge ram 1500 4. 7l started having radiator problem 2weeks ago. It started when my upper rad hose blew on the highway. I fixed that problem and truck ran fine other than the a/c which only worked while vehicle was driving then when idling blew warm air. (??) A/c always worked fine until the upper hose blew.

I drove it untill last week when the lower radiator hose blew off, didn't burst just popped off at the radiator. So I changed the old hose and clams.

Truck seemed to be running well no over heating but the same problme with the a/c persisted. Then 2 days after changing the lower hose the
4.7l started puking radiator fluid out of the blow off tube on the left side (looking at the engine) down the side of my washer fluid reservoir and pooling in little puddles under my truck. Can also here a bubbling noise while inside the cab of the truck from the glove box area (heater core) and I seem to be getting condensation on the inside of the truck when it first warms up. Possibly a little oder blowing theough the truck. While warm air is being let into the cabin.

So I changed the radiator cap, & thermostat and problem still persists.

Anyone help point me in the right direction. Haven't notice any white smoke out the tail pipe, or in my oil yet.

Quick Reply: losing coolant from blow off tube