3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Can't find the cause of my radio, dome light and RKE not working.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 11:33 AM
stubba
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't find the cause of my radio, dome light and RKE not working.

I have a 2003 Ram with the 4.7l engine. A little while back my radio, dome light, power locks and remote entry all stopped working. I have checked all the fuses I can find, all seem good, I have disconnected the battery in hopes it would do something. Still nothing works. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated because I love my truck and I want everything in it to work!

Old 09-22-2014, 04:45 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Check the wires in the door boot for broken or pinched wires

Old 09-28-2014, 01:53 PM
stubba
Ok, I pulled the door panels and checked as much of the wiring that I could. I found no broken, pinched, burned or frayed wires. When I have the engine running the dome lights and remote entry work, but, still no radio. I could not get the boot open in either door to check those wires. I am a simple backyard mechanic, but, I really want to fix this myself. I can''t afford to take it to a mechanic. Is there anything else I can do or check, or do I need to get those boots off? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Squints
Rookie

check your fuses. Do you have an aftermarket radio installed? If so, check the connections and make sure none of the connections are exposed

Old 10-08-2014, 04:59 AM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May be the ignition lock set, try wiggling the key while the truck is running, maybe the radio will come on. I believe everything your talking about is fed through the ignition switch, and not a relay.

Quick Reply: Can't find the cause of my radio, dome light and RKE not working.