3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

3rd tranny and same issue... Desperate!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 12:47 PM
SM10987
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd tranny and same issue... Desperate!!!!

Well people heres the low down on the past year with my 06 Ram 1500 Mega Cab. Bout it June 2013, first tranny went in July, second in Sept.

On my 3rd tranny. Items that are new: valve body, front pump, cylenoid pack, line pressure sensor, input/output speed sensors, wiring harness, pcm, tranny cooler, also added an extra ground. Tranny has also had a relearn done a few times.

The problem:
The pressure in the tranny bounces from 20psi up to 140psi. If we unplug the main connector the pressure hits 125psi and stays stable. After last Relearn the pressure was perfect for about 2 weeks, then back to fluctuating...

My mechanics have been through every ground again. We have also went through all the O2 sensors as they are on the same ground as the variable line pressure sensor. ALL are stumped.

One this we can't find... What the PCM uses as inputs to control the line pressure. Even the dealership we have been working with doesn't know the answer to this...

I've finally called Dodge enough to open a case for me without bringing it to the dealership again... but any help would be amazing! After a year in the shop I'm running out of options...

Old 09-23-2014, 01:22 PM
atlaticblueram
Professional

I am on trans number 4 in my 02 1500 after the first three being rebuilt and having relearn done each time the PCM actually ended up being bad and would not hold the programming. I would think the governor pressure solenoid would be giving the Input to control the line pressure but it has been a long time since i rebuilt or diagnosed trans issues. I am an ASE certified Master Tech but i focus on Engine Diagnostics more than anything else.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:09 PM
mlarson29
Rookie

how are the hoses have you replaced those yet. there could be debris in it that is getting stuck then unstuck when not in use. without proper flow it could kill it.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:34 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

What about the TCM? Did you replace the Transmission Control Module? It's seperate from the PCM/ECU!!!! These 545rfe trans are pretty stout for the most part.

I highly suggest you read EVERY part of this:
http://moranbahweather.com/Jeep/en_U...l/7c038fa1.xml

It will basically explain areas to check including pinched wires..etc.
The pressure is calculated based on several factors!

Quick Reply: 3rd tranny and same issue... Desperate!!!!