3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2006 Radio/Sat Nav problems

Old 09-30-2014, 07:19 PM
IL04Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Radio/Sat Nav problems

Hello all,

I was wondering if i can get help on an issue I'm having. I just picked up an '06 Sport that came with the CD/Nav/Sat radio in it. I got screwed by the dealer because he offered to replace the radio or knock off $500 of the sticker. After i found out that a new radio costs around $800, i feel like i got the short end of the stick.

Anyways so to my problem, the radio works and the CD player works however, the screen cuts in and out. When its not working, the music will still play but none of the buttons work. Has anyone had this problem? Now if i end up replacing the radio with a cheaper one, will the DVD player in the back still work?

Thanks!

Old 10-03-2014, 10:28 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by IL04Ram
Hello all,

I was wondering if i can get help on an issue I'm having. I just picked up an '06 Sport that came with the CD/Nav/Sat radio in it. I got screwed by the dealer because he offered to replace the radio or knock off $500 of the sticker. After i found out that a new radio costs around $800, i feel like i got the short end of the stick.

Anyways so to my problem, the radio works and the CD player works however, the screen cuts in and out. When its not working, the music will still play but none of the buttons work. Has anyone had this problem? Now if i end up replacing the radio with a cheaper one, will the DVD player in the back still work?

Thanks!
Did you get any type of warranty on the vehicle when purchased? I would take it back to the dealer since you just bought it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 Radio/Sat Nav problems