3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

bad hater and a/c switch?

Old 10-15-2014, 01:51 PM
jeeplife
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad hater and a/c switch?

hay all so i have a problem and not sure where to start. its with my heat and a/c controls. so when u have the heat or a/c on and you go to switch it from defrost to feet it doesnt do anything it will stay on defrost or switch to face vents. sometimes it will be on defrost and when u turn it on it will just blow out the face vents. but thats not all if u leave the heat on and turn the truck off the blower will turn back on. and sometimes when your driving the heat or a/c will be on and blowing while driving with the switch being off and when u stop it stops but if u try and turn it on it does nothing the blower doesn't turn no. i already replaced the heater a/c switch and it worked for like an hr lol. i really dont know where to start to fix it any help would be very appreciated

Old 10-17-2014, 12:16 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

You have a blend door issue. Pretty common and tons of threads on it and how to fit it

Old 10-19-2014, 10:37 PM
jeeplife

ok cool but would that cause it to turn on randomly?

Old 10-19-2014, 11:35 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Generally for that you would look at the incoming wire to the resistor block for the fan motor or the ignition switch itself

Old 01-16-2015, 11:23 AM
jeeplife

so i know its been awhile but i finally got around to trying to fix my problem. well i cant wind the part in my truck everyone is talking about :/ i took the blower motor out and resister. they both looked good. but i cant find the blen door motor or actuator everyone is talking about. maby someone could send me some pics of where it is and what it looks like? iv looked everywhere and look at a bunch of pic and just cant find it in my truck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: bad hater and a/c switch?