3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

wiring harness behind a pillar trim

Old 11-13-2014, 08:10 PM
EMTcowboy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring harness behind a pillar trim

I found wire and harnesses beind both a pillars but can't find a wiring diagram for them. Any help? Additionally, what resource could I use to get a list of the available stock oem options and upgrades for the vehicle when it was for sale

Old 11-16-2014, 01:00 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Probably plugs for roof/clearance lights.

You can get a build sheep from the dealer to tell you everything that came with the truck but it won't tell you what those plugs are for.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:28 PM
Will_V2Lab
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them too. From what I can gather the ones under the right a-pillar trim are for the roof clearance lights. The one under the left a-pillar trim are for the dome light, high mount brake light, and bed lights. If you have the overhead console then the wiring is also from there too.

I'm actually in the process of finding the roof wiring harness that includes the overhead console wiring too so I can finish my OTIS install.

Old 11-26-2014, 05:00 PM
EMTcowboy

do yall know where i can find a part number for said overhead console, where i could purchase one, and what it looks like? the dealership said that they dont have resources to tell me what the upgrade options were for bells and whistles types stuff and suggested i scour the internet for sales literature from 2008 to find this info. they also said that they cant find a glovebox light in their system for my vehicle but im 99 percent sure that it is prewired for one, its just lacking the unit. im trying to install pretty much every upgrade that was an option on the vehicle and having a pretty hard time finding info.

Originally Posted by Will_V2Lab
I have them too. From what I can gather the ones under the right a-pillar trim are for the roof clearance lights. The one under the left a-pillar trim are for the dome light, high mount brake light, and bed lights. If you have the overhead console then the wiring is also from there too.

I'm actually in the process of finding the roof wiring harness that includes the overhead console wiring too so I can finish my OTIS install.

Old 11-26-2014, 05:04 PM
EMTcowboy

im trying to get as much literature on this vehicle as possible. do yall know of any resources where i could get a copy of the alldata, service manuals, etc for the vehicle. i know this stuff is expensive but im sure theres somewhere online to find the majority of it for free. i just dont know where

Old 11-27-2014, 09:55 AM
coloram14er
Rookie

Look at Weedahoe's signature above. He's got a link to the service and parts manuals.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:13 PM
Will_V2Lab
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dodgeparts.com has several factory options for sale... all new and OEM. They also have the glovebox light. Been meaning to get that for myself too lol. They also have a non-optional section that has all OEM parts. Everything from switches to wiring to interior panels and the works. I frequent that site pretty often.

Originally Posted by EMTcowboy
do yall know where i can find a part number for said overhead console, where i could purchase one, and what it looks like? the dealership said that they dont have resources to tell me what the upgrade options were for bells and whistles types stuff and suggested i scour the internet for sales literature from 2008 to find this info. they also said that they cant find a glovebox light in their system for my vehicle but im 99 percent sure that it is prewired for one, its just lacking the unit. im trying to install pretty much every upgrade that was an option on the vehicle and having a pretty hard time finding info.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wiring harness behind a pillar trim