3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4" Rough Country Lift Kit

Old 11-23-2014, 10:51 AM
Rocking 67
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4" Rough Country Lift Kit

Hey folks,

Ok, I have a teenager. He changed his ind regarding his lift kit. I had asked about the 3" leveling kit, but now he wants a 4" lift.

He has a 2005 Dodge 1500 4 door, 4x4.

I a looking at the Rough Country 4" Lift kit #380.20. I will install it myself. It seems to be bolt on and no cutting, welding or drilling required. Not that I can't do that, I do not want to. He will not be doing any hard core off-road driving. Mostly the Forrest Service roads in California. The California roads are rough enough though.

All comments welcomed about this kit. He does not have enough money to get the lift kit and tires at the same time. So, he will have the lift with 31.5" tires. I know it may look odd, but he needs to save up for the tires. I could buy the kit and wait until he gets the tires to install it. It will be his decision, tall and lanky or beefy?

I would like to see pictures of before, after and in between, so I could show him. Even pictures of those without the 35" tires, just to show him what it looks like.

Everybody out here drives Ford and Chevy's, except our family, 3 Dodge trucks. His truck is close to the height of his buddies trucks that have been lifted, he will rise above.

Thanks.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:45 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

We have some lift threads in here. You're far from the first asking for pics on how it might look but it might be best to do some digging and using the search tool here on the site to narrow it down. I know this doesn't help a lot (or at all) but maybe it will help guide you

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4" Rough Country Lift Kit