3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine Stalling

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 07:28 AM
d.conner88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Stalling

Hey, new to the forums here, but have been seeing some good information. I have a question. So, I know it is my fault, but I was kind of power braking my truck at a red light the other day. like giving gas and hitting brakes at the same time. Yeah i was being dumb. But, since then my truck has been stalling when i come to quick stops. It doesn't do it everytime but maybe 5 out of 10 on quick stops like at last minute red lights usually has a funky jumpy idle right before it dies at quick stops. Then also maybe 5 out of 10 times on just like a smooth throttle take off just a normal taking off from a red light it takes off smooth then the idle jumps up just a quick second and then its normal again. Other than that everything is fine drives excellent. I'm driving a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7L 2WD short bed and its just the regular gas not a flex fuel. Does anyone know of anything it might be. I haven't done anything to it yet. I crawled under there to see if the drive shaft or yokes might have been loose considering the power braking but seemed fine. Thanks for the help.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:30 PM
big guy
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You don't mention SES light on??? So I assume there is no light? Therefore no codes set.

Try resetting the computer. See what happens. Next I would remove the throttle body and clean it as well as the IAC valve. Hopefully that will solve your problem. Other than that I don't know.

I just added Sea Foam thru the brake booster line to my 03 4.7. As a result my truck would studder at idle and ALWAYS stalled when gear shifted into Park. NO SES light set. Otherwise it ran perfect.
I just cleaned the throttle body and IAC 3 or 4 months ago. I know it was not dirty. I decided to remove the t-body and clean it out again and reset computer. Engine is back to normal.
Good Luck

Old 12-15-2014, 10:33 AM
DanielConner

Ok. I'll try that on my lunch break and let ya know what happens.
But, yeah there is no lights on.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:35 AM
DanielConner

From my experience resetting computer consist of taking battery cable off turning switch to drain residual energy and hooking back up. Is this right, or would you recommend something else.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:21 AM
big guy
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielConner
From my experience resetting computer consist of taking battery cable off turning switch to drain residual energy and hooking back up. Is this right, or would you recommend something else.
I usually use my scanner or remove negative cable and leave off overnight. You can pull one of the fuses as well. But I don't know the procedure off hand. Google it something will come up.

Quick Reply: Engine Stalling