3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transfer Case Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 07:35 PM
My Blue 05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Transfer Case Questions

Evening all, I'm about to supercharge my truck and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for launching in 4H. It's not something that I plan on doing a ton of but I'd like to know the following:

With a stock drivetrain, what can I get away with?
Can the stock drivetrain take an 800HP launch in 4H with an automatic transmission?
Can the stock drivetrain take 120 MPH in 4H?

Has anyone done this in a 4X4 Hemi 1500 and if so, what did you need to do to the drivetrain if anything?

I'm still going to use the truck as a daily driver so just like everyone else in the world, I'm looking to get the best of both worlds. I use the truck to pull a trailer about 50% of the time and that is the main reason for the supercharger setup but I also know myself and with that said, I'd love to launch it and leave the Ford and Chevy guys at the light wondering what just happened.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Quick Reply: Transfer Case Questions