3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Light problem

Old 01-25-2015, 03:31 PM
troystoy63
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light problem

I have a 2002 Ram 1500 and live in WI
My parking lights and tail lights quit working. After research found probable cause in fuse box. Disassembled and attempted to repair. After I put back together I still had no parking or tail lights, plus now no headlights or brake lights or turn signals. I purchased a used fuse box from Georgia. Cleaned and installed on truck. No lights at all with light switch. When I turn the key to on position the headlights parking lights and tail lights come on. No brake, turn or high beams, also fog lights don't work, wipers also not working now. What should I check next?

Old 01-25-2015, 06:48 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by troystoy63
I have a 2002 Ram 1500 and live in WI
My parking lights and tail lights quit working. After research found probable cause in fuse box. Disassembled and attempted to repair. After I put back together I still had no parking or tail lights, plus now no headlights or brake lights or turn signals. I purchased a used fuse box from Georgia. Cleaned and installed on truck. No lights at all with light switch. When I turn the key to on position the headlights parking lights and tail lights come on. No brake, turn or high beams, also fog lights don't work, wipers also not working now. What should I check next?

Maybe you have a bad used part or maybe it looks the same but has a slightly different part number making it slightly different

Old 01-29-2015, 12:19 AM
troystoy63
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PN

The fuse box is the same part number, looks exactly the same

Old 01-29-2015, 12:31 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Same part number and same piece but not working either means you damaged something or it was already damaged

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Light problem