3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

odd alarm question,random horn beeping??

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 10:08 PM
mrbb1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well spent about 5+ hrs outside chopping ice and such, about the truck, and it never did the horn beeping things
SO< I am NOT usre if it was a freak ? or again, the fact that maybe when I replaced the battery's in my two keys, it did something
maybe there is some alert to telling you a key is weak/battery?

NOT sure really, but man it was wierd for sure, had me wondering.
IF it does it again, I will post back
as weather should be nicer next few days and weeks, and will be outside a lot more now as such, to hear if it does it any more
Thanks for the tips and suggestions

Old 03-10-2015, 03:24 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbb1
well spent about 5+ hrs outside chopping ice and such, about the truck, and it never did the horn beeping things
SO< I am NOT usre if it was a freak ? or again, the fact that maybe when I replaced the battery's in my two keys, it did something
maybe there is some alert to telling you a key is weak/battery?

NOT sure really, but man it was wierd for sure, had me wondering.
IF it does it again, I will post back
as weather should be nicer next few days and weeks, and will be outside a lot more now as such, to hear if it does it any more
Thanks for the tips and suggestions
I'm happy to hear it hasn't reoccurred yet! Please do keep us updated if you hear it again!

Old 03-11-2015, 04:10 PM
maxpower49

For a while I could swear I was hearing my truck beep at some point over night, I would have the fan in the window over the summer and I would hear just one random beep like I locked my doors and my truck is the only one with a "real" horn vs my parents small cars. I never found an issue and I'm still not sure if it was my truck or like a neighbor getting home at midnight but it only started like a week after I bought my truck. After reading this maybe I'm not as crazy as I thought I was lol

Old 03-11-2015, 04:13 PM
mrbb1
Professional

thanks again, and was outside all day today and not once did it do it, BUT temps have been now a LOT warmer, so?? don't again know if it was the battery in key, the temps, or?? a freak thing.
but seems good now
if it does it more, I will for sure be back to update, same if I ever find out why it was doing it!

Old 03-12-2015, 01:21 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbb1
thanks again, and was outside all day today and not once did it do it, BUT temps have been now a LOT warmer, so?? don't again know if it was the battery in key, the temps, or?? a freak thing.
but seems good now
if it does it more, I will for sure be back to update, same if I ever find out why it was doing it!
Sounds good, thanks for the update!

Quick Reply: odd alarm question,random horn beeping??