3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

transmission for a 4.7 ram

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 08:34 PM
dadeo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission for a 4.7 ram

Having a problem with my tranny, curious on what are the possibilities....Was driving it last nite, stopped at a lite,when I went to go there was no response....Moving the shifter to park,drive then reverse and nothing happened. My truck being a 4x4, I switched it to 4wd auto,and got it moving that way,....Once I had it moving I switched back tp 2 hi made it home....Tried it again today and the same thing happened, HELP any ideas... thanks

Old 03-22-2015, 11:37 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Hard to really go off of anything but clogged filter? Low fluid? Loose shifter? Burnt clutches? Blown pump? Stuck valve? Endless possibilities.

Do you have a check engine light on?

Old 03-23-2015, 05:58 AM
dadeo

I check the level and it was ok, nd no the check engine light never came on.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:50 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dadeo
Having a problem with my tranny, curious on what are the possibilities....Was driving it last nite, stopped at a lite,when I went to go there was no response....Moving the shifter to park,drive then reverse and nothing happened. My truck being a 4x4, I switched it to 4wd auto,and got it moving that way,....Once I had it moving I switched back tp 2 hi made it home....Tried it again today and the same thing happened, HELP any ideas... thanks
Hi dadeo,

Sorry to hear about your concern. I recommend taking your vehicle to an FCA dealership for a formal diagnosis. Also, there is a TSB (21-021-08, screengrab attached below) that may apply to the issues you are experiencing, so I would bring this up to them as well. Whatever you decide, please keep us posted!

Last edited by DodgeCares; 03-24-2015 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:55 PM
dadeo
Default 4.7 transmission

well its at the tranny shop now, hopefully things won't be to bad...(fingers crossed) He made it sound like its not exactly the tranny but other things related to it.... find out tomorrow

Old 03-26-2015, 06:16 PM
dadeo
Default 4.7 transmission

Still at the shop,cant seem to find a problem when scanned. It acted up for the guybut then something slammed together underneath and has been able to drive it since.....No thanks, tearing it down ,trying to find any worn out parts...btw the fluid was full just alittle week, not metal shavings in the pan when they drained it.

Last edited by dadeo; 03-26-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:58 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for the update, dadeo. Please continue to keep us posted!

Old 03-30-2015, 06:13 PM
dadeo
Default 4.7 tranny

Well, Good news / Bad news ------Good news my tranny is fine ......The bad news sounds like Im getting my transfer case overhauled...Sorry I cant be in more detail but Im a idiot when it comes to this stuff..

Quick Reply: transmission for a 4.7 ram